My Mistake Custom Key signatures

If you are worried (or cautious), add your slurs to a copy of the file.

Forum,
Just a message to say thank you for all of the above input on my problem. It seems that all is going well…and hopefully that there will be no more issues. This forum …is awesome.

Martin L. Miles

I found this topic about custom key signatures and thought I should put my issue here as well.
I’m transcribing a klezmer tune and I want to have Bb, Eb and F# in my key signature.

So I managed to make the custom signature without any problem, when I write F natural and E natural, Dorico show the accidentals alright but when trying to write B natural there is no accidental showing and when playing it still is B-flat, what am I doing wrong?

Here is the Dorico file if anybody would like to help:

I’ve played a bit with this file, if I start writing a scale from c to c, using the keyboard letters, I will get a C major scale when it should follow my custom made key signature (C, D, Eb, F#, G, A, Bb and C), and the E and B doesn’t have a accidental but F have, really strange.
And I am unable to raise or lower any of the notes inserted, with the shortcuts for raising resp lowering the notes.

The problem, Ulrik, is that you’ve defined a new tonality system and added accidentals that don’t raise or lower the written pitch: if you look at your tonality system, you’ll see that natural, flat and sharp all say that they change the pitch by 0/12 divisions, so they’re all effectively naturals.

You don’t need to define a new tonality system anyway: just add a custom key signature to the existing 12-EDO tonality system. I’ve done that for you in the attached version of your project.
buchalter joint.dorico.zip (208 KB)

Oh, I knew there was something strange with my behavior when I tried to make a new tonality system, haha :slight_smile:
Beautiful Daniel, and a big thanks for your support!