My top requests could make our life much comfortable

1. mute/solo/vol knobs on instruments window. If we add these - we shouldn’t find track of opened window instrument to make basic operations!
    like this: 2019-11-17-18-44-13 — ImgBB

2. SPLIT channel inserts - it’s amazing Abletons feature. It helps to avoid individual sends if we want to process let say - reverb of particular track. Or to avoid doubling track if we want to process it’s lower and higher frequencies with different insert chains. Or Mid/Side - HUGE enhancement. Now implementing every of these - mess project and increase CPU.

3. Internal Cubase’s MIX button on effects - not every plugin have it.

4. Batch with possibility to render tracks “from buss/master track” - with all processing affecting them: fx sends, group effects, etc. Cause now, we have to add all FX as inserts, or convert them one by one, if we want to get correctly sounding multitrack.

5. UNDO to previous value accidentally drawn point on empty automation curve (volume usually). Now it doesn’t UNDO it to previous level, just removes the point, so you could miss value adjusted for hours). Neither in global undo nor in mixer undo - it’s very upset sometimes.

6. Different sample rates in project. So we could record live instruments in hi-res and then save CPU processing in lower res, but render final result in best quality. hope it makes sense.

7. Add channel settings window - to lower zone. I think it’s quite obvious to have it there when we go through channel to channel.

8. Extra adjustments of EQ analyzer. MAIN - make it scalable! please) And some extra things like smoothness, decay, resolution would be quite good implement to new Spectral Comparison EQ.

9. Coloring matching zones in Spectral comparison EQ (like in Melda’s Mmultianaliser) would make it IDEAL)

Hope to see some of these in nearest future!)
Cheers

Oh, and guys, PLEASE make automation curve in midi the same behaviour as in general automation. I mean when I select and area and drag the corner - I’d like to get smooth curve instead of number of quantised jumping dotes. Currently I can get this with line tool or draw tool, which could be tricky sometimes and big number of dots make it hard to ajust. Less number of dots make it jumpy - :cry:

THIS! +100000000

I think that wont be possible, at least not without converting the sample rate constantly. Prefer to let my audio untouched from conversion until export. Global project sample rate and audio files sample rate need to be the same.
In the end using 44.1+ does not really affect sound quality anyway. But thats a whole other story.

• it works in Reaper somehow, so… )

But to be honest the first 5 requests are main for me and make workflow MUCH more comfortable and bring Cubase to another DAW League))!

got a source?

pretty sure Reaper just converts sample rate on the fly, rather than running at 2 simultaneous sample rates. so all files just get converted to the project sample rate. ie recordings at 96k would be converted to 44.1 if that was how your project was set. correct me if I’m wrong.

Hmmm… It seems you right - it convert them on the fly, but you keep the original file until final render… also I didnt found some clear description of this process to show((
The most full is this from the forum “Short answer: Yes. Reaper lets you play audio items recorded at different sample rates from the project sample rate. It converts them on the fly for playback. (You wouldn’t be able to run your interface at multiple speeds simultaneously of course!)
Use the ability for convenience. If you want to be as critical as possible, you can convert the audio in question to your project sample rate before making the final render.
It goes without saying that you would want to use the higher sample rate for your main project and upsample the stray lower rate files. (eg. Working at 96k with most of the audio with a sample or clip of something at 44.1k or 48k)
Reaper also lets you run your hardware at a different sample rate from the project setting, or resample to a different rate from the hardware (and also independent of the project if desired). This would give you the ability to run a 96k project (for example) with an interface that only supports 48k (maybe you wanted to do some editing to a project at a studio that isn’t high def capable). You can even make an aggregate device and run the different devices at different sample rates if you’re really looking for chaos and trouble but I digress…