My VST sound folder is empty

Hi.

I have the same problem, but my VST sound folder is empty. How can I solve this?

It all started happening after I installed Dorico 4.

Kind regards,

Might this have something to do with it? Go to Preferences>Vst-plugins

Welcome to the forum, @Nikolai_Clavier.

Did you try to reinstall the Dorico Sound Installer package?
You can find it in the Steinberg Download Manager next to the Dorico 4 installer.

Hi Ulf.

I’m so happy someone is replying, especially since this thread is so old. Thank you for that!

I tried doing what you suggested, but it hasn’t helped

Kind regards,

For me, Nikolai, this thread begins with your post from yesterday, so I’m not sure what “this problem” is specifically – can you spell out the nature of your problem for me? It may also be useful if you could do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file to a reply here on the forum.

Hi Daniel.

Thanks for taking interest in my problem (love your videos by the way, big fan).

This is my problem:

Ever since I installed Docico 4 about a month ago, I keep getting this notification each time I open Cubase 10.5.

I’ve tried to look for the preset folder in question, but I can’t find it. I think it’s my Cubase license and Dorico License not cooperating or something…

Hoping for a speedy solution and thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

The problem here is old eLicenser vs new Steinberg Licenser, I suppose.
You do have the Cubase license on a USB-eLicenser, right? Do you also have still some Dorico 3.5 on it or not? The problem here might be that Cubase can’t find an appropriate license. Cubase is still eLicenser protected and does not know anything about the new Steinberg Licenser and therefore can not read the Dorico 4 license (which bundles the HSO license). To be honest, I don’t know a way out here, I hope that @dspreadbury knows.

Yes, I’m afraid Ulf’s description of the problem is most likely correct. If you don’t have your Dorico 3.5 license available any more on your eLicenser, Cubase will complain that it doesn’t have a license for thse HSO sounds.

If there is a guarantee that upgrading to Cubase 12 would fix the problem, I’d definitely consider it.

You might also consider upgrading your Cubase to version 12, since that would bring the Cubase materials into the new license.

Yes, updating to Cubase 12 will fix it, because Cubase 12 also uses Steinberg Licensing.

Thanks, good to know. Any chance there will be a summer discount campaign coming up? :upside_down_face:

There’s always a chance! Cubase isn’t included in the current Steinberg Summer Deals promotion, but there will be other sales promotions later in the year, for sure.