nanokey2 hookup to cubase artist 7 PC

Just bought nanokey2 and can’t get it to function, produce midi, make a sound, need help with installation. I have installed the Korg driver from their website. The device is connected in Device Manager/Sound, Video n Game controllers.
Then the Korg manual says to check the MIDI Ports settings of the application. MIDI Device Manager, nanoKEY2 is installed, output set at Microsoft Wave GS Wavetable.
Whats next?
Cubase Artist 7
US-122 sound card
PC Windows 8.1

Then the Korg manual says to check the MIDI Ports settings of the application. MIDI Device Manager, nanoKEY2 is installed, output set at Microsoft Wave GS Wavetable.

Midi Device Manager is not the same as Midi Port settings.
Go into Devices/Device Setup/Midi Port Setup? Check here that the Nano is listed and it’s midi in is active.

Create an instrument track and load an instrument, click monitor button and play…if still no sound try restarting Cubase…The keyboard must always be connected before you start Cubase or it won’t work.

Hi Grim
Thanks for the quick response.
With your directions, I have succeeded in getting the nanoKEY2 to show up in the Device Setup, open an instrument track, apply Halion and now up and running!!!
Thanks so much, I’m gonna have fun during my extended vacation time.
Thanks again,
Jim
(Jammin’ Jimmy) :smiley:

How about to get rid of the delay from the keyboard to hearing it? Latency? Possible?

Latency is dependent on the buffer size you set in your audio interface. The lower you can set the buffer the less latency…but the harder it strains the system.

There is also a button in Cubase called constrain delay compensation that disables any plugins that cause extra latency in the system. Worth a try if you already have a busy project running a lot of plugins.

Thanks, again.
I’ll play with that.