nanoKONTROL2 to Cubase 12

The video states that when you connect the nanoKONTROL2 to Cubase 12, a compatible MIDI control surface appears.

Is this data within Cubase 12, or is it provided by Korg?

It’s provided by Korg.

1 Like

Is it something that can be downloaded from the KORG website?

Or is it something provided by KORG within Cubase?

The folder “Korg” in Cubase 12 and Cubase 13’s midiremote_factory_scripts > Public directory appears to be empty.

If it’s downloadable from the KORG website, could you please provide the link?

I don’t know if Korg was involved at some extent, but in the script’s file we see that it is provided by Steinberg.

This is strange and I think I recall someone else having the same issue in the past, but I can’t remember if a reinstallation of Cubase helped.

The path of the provided script is [your Documents folder]/Steinberg/Cubase/MIDI Remote/Driver Scripts/Public/korg/nanokontrol2 .

2 Likes

As you mentioned, I’ve reinstalled, but both Cubase 12 and Cubase 13 folders are empty. If possible, I would appreciate it if you could provide the Korg script data.
Best regards, and thank you in advance.

Sure, this comes from the latest version I see installed here.

Korg_nanoKONTROL2.midiremote (3.5 KB)

You have to open Cubase, then go to Studio→MIDI Remote Manager, click on the Import Script button and then select the above file.

@Jochen_Trappe, any idea why this is occasionally happening? Something to do with folder write permissions maybe?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it would be possible that an antivirus falsely identifies the js files as threats and deletes them. Do you have any antivirus installed (apart from the default on of Windows)?

1 Like

Thank you very much. I am truly grateful.
The struggles of the past 2-3 days have paid off.

I don’t have any antivirus program installed other than the default one on Windows.
Does this affect Windows 10?
Apart from that, there have been many errors in Windows updates recently.
However, it’s not just my PC; at least that’s what the Microsoft support staff said, these issues are occurring on all PCs in Japan.

Not on my win10 pc nor on my win11 one. Who knows, maybe it’s a regional update messing things up…

1 Like

Korg’s MIDI Driver can behave in a funky manner at the Windows level. This video has helped resolve the issue for me several times.

1 Like