Nectar 3 - Crashes

Hi,

Thank you for the reproduction. I think, it’s very clear test and you provided all conditions, iZotope need to be able to reproduce it.

Please, send this reproduction to them (the crash is clearly in the plug-in).

Please, could you try with other but iZotope VST3 plug-in with the very same settings on your system? Just to make sure, it’s really iZotope only. Thank you!

Some more questions, please…

You have HiDPI enabled in Cubase, but do you have 4k screen?

Could you @misnoma attach a *.dmp file, please?

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. The crash does not occur with other VST3 plugins. eg. Waves, Sonnox, and even Izotope Ozone9.
  2. The crash occurs with 100% predictability (so far) based on the steps above. I have sent them to Izotope.
  3. I have two graphics cards (Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb and Nvidia GT 1030) driving a mix of 4K and HD monitors. I don’t have any other crashes or display issues. Although some Cubase UI’s don’t adjust if I move them from 4K to HD screens. I need to close and re-open them. The issue described occurs on the main 4K screen driven by the GTX 1060.
  4. Cubase seems to write two .dmp files and they are 37mb each! Too big to attach here. So here is a temporary link … https://we.tl/t-A96Vcf6gND. If you find something embarrassing, please pm me.

Hi,

Thank you for the *.dmp file. The crash is again in Nectar 3:

iZNectar3!iZResampler::ComputeFilterParams

Thank you for confirmation.

iZotope say they can’t reproduce the crash.

It occurs only with Cubase’s “HiDPI” enabled.

UPDATE:

This below from iZotope support.

4K Monitors and HiDPI mode isn’t yet supported, we’re working on this now!

This issue occurs when your computer is attempting to scale the plugin upwards. We recommend only using the recommended 100% scaling on Windows.

You can view or change this value by right clicking on your Desktop > Display Settings.
Under Scale and Layout, be sure that the scaling there is set to the recommended 100%

Cubase HiDPI Mode:
We’ve seen some consistent issues with iZotope product running in Cubase when HiDPI mode is enabled. We’d recommend switching that off to resolve any issues with the GUI appearance. You can ensure this is switched off by clicking:
Edit ▸ Preferences ▸ General and uncheck ‘Enable HiDPI’ (Windows only)
Cubase 10.5 is not supported on Windows 7, or Mac OS 10.13 and below, you can see Steinberg’s compatibility page for more.

UPDATE2: re. suggestions above that the issue is related to Nvidia GPU

I physically removed my Nvidia graphics card and installed an AMD Radeon card.

Nectar3 still crashes the DAW with 100% reproducibility in HiDPI mode. (with 150% windows scaling on a 4K monitor)

Solved. Thanks to Martin. Used his link:

to update my Nvidia GeForce 880M driver, even though windows 8.1 device manage said I had the best driver. PS there was no STUDIO driver so I used the GAMER drive wich solved the freeze / Lockup problem with Nexus 3 and Cubase 10.5.

Thanks again!

Re: Nectar 3 - Crashes
Unread post by Martin.Jirsak » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi and welcome,

For NVidia cards, there is a recommended setup like this:

• Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Start the installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
1 Like