Need a little more latency with a firewire interface

Background is –
My Asio starts breaking up at around 50%, I put this down partly to the 64 bit drivers for my Konnekt.
I have always just used the meter as a scale, so I know that it breaks up at 50% and keep it below that point, and my Pc passes Dpclat with an absolute max of 75us on last run even with the background stuff running, so no problem there.

I have just reached that point again in my latest ditty and thought I would search for a solution.
For me the effect is marginal but it has removed asio overload spikes on a project that had them before, I do not see the larger effect offered in the thread, which refers to laptops, but there is a slight improvement in my case.
It involves regedit, so run now if it’s all to much, a certain level of tech sense is required.

  1. open the System Information utility (msinfo32.exe) , type it in the run box.
  2. Go to System Summary\Hardware Resources\IRQs, and find IRQ number for “1394 OHCI compliant host” or similar.
  3. open Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl.
    4.Create a new DWORD in above and name it “IRQ#Priority” where # is the number in step 2.
  4. Double-click the new value, and enter a number for its priority. Enter 1.
  5. Close regedit and reboot.

That is all I did for maximum gain with no ill effects yet — This thread does more but I could not see any improvement with the other settings, though many thanks to Olivier Sens.
Hope it works for somebody else and post experiences if you try it.


Will check this out.

Thanks for posting.