Need help - cubase 6.5.5 project not opening - Urgent

Hi,

I was working on a project in Cubase 6.5.5 and suddenly some error message was popping saying cannot open. There is no information apart from that. And I didn’t open anything. Then after sometime same error popped and cubase became unresponsive. I had to force close the cubase.

Then when I open it, cubase says it cannot load this project as it was created in Cubase 1.x… WHAT?

I have a backup file but it was many hours before so I will loose many ideas which were created in the latest file which is not loading.

PLEASE ANY ONE CAN HELP FAST…

Thank you very much in advance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this error means the file is corrupted. you would have to use the backup. Autosave was turned off? No “Save New Version?” Good habits to get into.

I remember the feeling, it’s been a long time since though, thanks to backup, backup, backup…

The autosave is on for 15 minutes but no near than 3 hours are saved. :frowning: Once it happened but I had backup file closer to the final. Don’t know why it is not being saved this time.

Btw, cubase started to crash several times recently. And what is that error message without any information?

Do you think there might be my hdd issues?