Need help setting up a sound design project template

Hey all

I’m not entirely sure if this is even achievable in the automated fashion that I want it to be. But anyway…

I am trying to setup a project template which I can use to help improve my sound design process. The goal I want to achieve is to create a single midi instrument, then have the ability to bounce down each note on the instrument to audio. For example, C1, C#1, D1, etc etc

I was hoping I could achieve this by creating a midi channel for each note then using the multi channel export functionality, but I’ve since found out that I can’t do that. Part of me wanting to do that was so that when it bounced down, it’d use the track names as a prefix so I could easily reference them as samples later on, i.e. “C1 - My Pad Sound, C#1 - My Pad Sound” etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can go about achieving this? I’m using the latest Cubase Pro version

Thank you!

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, you could consider using Render in Place. This renders each MIDI part using the name of each part for each rendered audio file.

You’d probably need to manually enter the C1, C#1, D1 names into each MIDI part first. Once entered you could append ’ - My Pad Sound’ (for example) to the note names using the Project Logical Editor (found in the project menu). The Project Logical editor is your friend for naming and renaming.