Need help using Sound Canvas VA with Cubase

I’m trying out Cubase because, according to the Roland specs, their Sound Canvas VA works properly on Cubase (as opposed to some limitations on Cakewalk’s products). I was hoping that MIDI files created on my old SC-88 hardware would play on Cubase with SCVA exactly as originally produced; including switching Banks and such. However, this is not the case, as I find that some of the Banks aren’t recognized by default, and I have no idea how to get them to work.

Does anyone have experience with running SCVA on Cubase? Would much appreciate any direction you can give.

Hi,

I expect, you import the MIDI File. What is your Prederences > MIDI > MIDI File > Import Options settings? As a destination, are you using a MIDI Track or the HALion Sonic SE? You should use the MIDI Track and route it to the hardware SCVA.

Yes, I’m using MIDI Track (I uninstalled HALion because I couldn’t find a way to stop it from being the default module).
SCVA is software, btw. :slight_smile: I have everything working, except that bank changes aren’t being honored.

Hi,

Oh, you are right. I remembered the Sound Canvas VA, now.

In any case, it couldn’t Sound exactly the same. There is not exactly the same Sound Bank. Could be, the structure of the banks is a little different on the SCVA.