Need help with proper placement of DS Al Fine, Coda, etc.. in order to play in ABACADA Coda (Rondo form)

I think the nub of the issue is that GB doesn’t want to change anything about the way the music is notated in order to obtain the desired playback.

Dear Daniel! That’s exactly the point.

It’s just a PLAYBACK problem. Not a notation problem…

It should be possible to play any bar (or section) at any time and in any combination… Isn’t it?

Please find in the Attachement a jpg. to explain a little bit better…

It’s not possible to do this feature at the moment in Dorico, isn’t it?

Thank you for your answer and best wishes!

Guido Bissig

That’s correct, it’s not currently possible in Dorico.

@lycalp,

Thank you for the illustration. That’s very interesting.

Hello everyone! I asked for this feature 2 years ago and wanted to “refresh” my wish of a possible implementation as quick as possible…?

Or are there any hints which I could reach this aim with the actual version of Dorico 4?

Thank you very much and best wishes

lycalp

AFAIK nothing has changed on this front.

This is not an answer you will want to hear, and is not really responsive to your question. I don’t mean it as any criticism of the questions you are asking.

However, if there were a simple way to export the Dorico project to Cubase, representing the Dorico notes in MIDI, it would be very simple to do absolutely anything you wanted in playback within the DAW, including controlling the repetition/sequence of sections, phrases, measures. See the Arranger track. I guess we might eventually see an “arranger track” in PLAY mode in Dorico.

1 Like