Nektar Panorama as a Cubase Controller : Awesome !!

Hey - I’ll go have another look right now.

Well it looks like it worked this time Steve. I didn’t see this last time. Perhaps the site was being updated or something. Anyway, looks like this should do it. Thanks!

Just want to confirm that the hidden tracks issue indeed is fixed! Great news - it really removes the biggest problem for me.

But: I can’t find any documentation of what’s included in the new version. Has anyone else found this?

Great news indeed.

I’ve yet to try it.

But I have this silly little thing that constantly gets in the way of my Cubasing - what is it again?

Oh yeah - it’s called work!

Well it’s official now.

In case anyone didn’t get the newsletter, mine came today in the email bag the stork dropped off on the roof top. :laughing:

In the newsletter it says:

‘The installer was uploaded March 29, so if you have downloaded and updated your system after this time, you already have the latest version.’

[T’was on the day after my email was answered on March 28, when the release date was still undecided - about 10 posts up.]

hey guys

are you still liking the Nektar and cubase?

i may be getting one and i think this is the one for me, just checking in

thanks

I am. I haven’t been using the motorized fader though.

It just doesn’t seem necessary to me.

I don’t know - maybe I’ll use it again.

But otherwise, I feel the keyboard is a good choice.

Thanks I ordered one and it will be here tomorrow

does the cubase mapping come with it automatically or do i need to get that off the nektar site?

i am hoping there are no issues with this and still using my artist series with eucon. i use those for mixing and i want to use this for creating and when i am writing. plus some plug in control

do you by chance know how well it works with omnisphere and RMX?

thanks

The Cubase mapping needs to be downloaded from their site.

As for Omnisphere and RMX, I’ve never used them, so I can’t help you there.

Hope you enjoy the keyboard!

i got the keyboard and got it all set up fine in cubase 8.0.5

the issues i saw, and i wqas wondering if 8 is supported, is

1. in the midi in /out section on cubase where nektar tells you to put X’s in certain boxes is different in 8 than what they show, so i wasnt quite sure what to check or uncheck

2. whenever i click the instrument button from the mixer button cubase crashes, so i am wondering if this is from the setup instructions being wrong

3. i dont see 8 being supported on their site, just up to 7, so i hope they fix the board for 8 soon

other than that alot of the keyboard works fantasticly in cubase and i can see this being a huge creative workflow device helper

Hey,

I have been looking around for a new midi controller which is light weight yet have all features. I finally came to Panaroma p4/6, AKAI advance or Arturia KeyLab 49.

In each I liked some features;

KeyLab 49 - I like the breath controller it has. The sounds they give, the V-Collection software and the look of a solid built hardware synth.

Advance - I like the integration of all vst instruments, where I can just select a category/tag to search for an instrument from all my installed vsts under one roof using VIP software. But little expensive and not sure how it works with vst instrument knobs.

Panaroma P4 - I like everything about it, the look, motorised fader, plug-in integrations, keybed is lifted up, etc. But I just miss the feature to search a type of instruments from all installed vsts as it does in Akai’s Advance.

I have Nocturn controller by Novation which uses Automap, and I’m fedup with its wrapping thing. sometimes it crashes. Most of the time I use it just like a general CC midi controller without wrapping any thing. I am not sure of the above keyboard software need to be wrapped in the same way as automap does.

Can anyone guide me?

thanks

Or is it better to buy a basic midi keyboard with pitchben/modwheel and octave/transpose buttons for low price yet good keybed and buy panaroma P1 for the control surface later?

Hey anilc, if you have room for both, that maybe a more flexible way to go.

The only real negative, other than having to buy 2 items, is that the more stuff you plug in, the more things for Cubase to juggle & sort out.

Now in theory, any DAW should handle multiple items plugged into the computer, but sometimes, just adding that one or two more things can cause some headaches.

Just a thought…

Thanks jamusic, it makes sense. I must maybe invest in another belkin powered usb hub as there’s no usb port left in my pc. If the panaroma works better than noturn(automap) then i would sell the nocturn.

Have any one tried any of these keyboard controllers or controle surface?

Hey anilnc, just a word of caution - if I’m not mistaken, I believe I read on the Nektar/Panorama website, that one way to troubleshoot problems with the Panoram was to ‘not use’ a USB hub with it. Maybe cruise on over there and see if I’m right.

If so, then use a new usb hub for other things instead, like your mouse & keyboard together, etc. and have a dedicated one for your Panorama.

Never used the nocturn myself. I had the Novation ReMote SL37 for about 5 years but replaced it with my Panorama 6 last year.

As for the automap nightmare, it was just that - I just couldn’t ever use it even though I tried numerous times.
Seems that people either love it or hate it.

Hi,

I see you are using Hackintosh, how did you manage to get panorama working? Not going to cubase mixer here, only remains in internal mode.

Hi.

Just to update, after updating the firmware, it works for now.

I was very happy with my P1 when I first got it - was doing tracking at the time and it was genuinely helping the workflow. But then I noticed at random times the Cubase mixer controls would just jump around frantically - even if there was no automation anywhere, after two or three ruined mixes I turned the thing off and haven’t used it since. Shame really. Maybe I should update all the software and try again as it’s been a couple of years.

Good to hear this. I’m in the market for a new MIDI keyboard. While I’ve been partial to Akai in the past, Nektar’s controllers look delicious and have very solid reviews.

I’ll look into them more closely