Nektar Panorama as a Cubase Controller : Awesome !!

Hi,

I am not in any way associated with NektarTech but i really wanted to share my happiness about the Nektar Panorama Midi controller keyboard in conjunction with Cubase.

I received my Nektar Panorama P4 Midikeyboard yesterday and the intergration with Cubase as controller is just amazing.
Things like Transport functions and plugin parameter control and Mixer functions just work like a charm from the Panorama.
It’s just amazing what these guys from NektarTech accomplished with their Panorama midi keyboards, regarding DAW control, not only for Cubase but for Ableton Live and upcoming Bitwig as well; hands down !!

I am happy !! :smiley:

Hi,

Can you control 3rd party plugins, like Softube, UAD, Waves from Panorama ? Maybe some video ?

Hi Serenity,

Yes, you can with Panorama also control parameters from Third Party Plugins within Cubase with :0)
I am on max OSX 10.9.2 , Cubase 7.5.1

+1, I agree totally. I have a P6 and it is amazing. I’ve barely scratched the surface on the possibilities. Outside of the integrations the Hardware is very nice as well. The Keyboard weighting and response is much better than most MIDI controllers. Their support is great too.

+1 !!

Have they fixed the hidden tracks problem yet ?

The Nektar Panorama P1 Control Surface has a review in Sound on Sound magazine this month.

Yes, this is fixed pending the up and coming release.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like your Panorama!

Best Regards,

Tim
Nektar

Now that’s good news. Looking forward to this release! :slight_smile:

Me too!

@vanhaze3000 - lovin my P6 for about 6 months + now.

@serenity - there’s a list on the Nektar site showing all the 3rd party plugs that are synced & controlled with it, with the list being added to regularly.
What’s often undiscovered with this series is that you can even load Vst plugins straight from the Panorama itself - not even needing to reach for your mouse, just FYI.

The update is now out, download speed is pretty slow though, around 100 KB/s here…

Hey, thanks Steve! But ya know, I just can’t seem to find it anywhere.

I’ve looked in ‘My Account’, etc. but no go.

Do you happen to have a direct link?

You have to log in, then you can go to ‘downloads’

Hi Steve,

I had to log in order to do this> “I’ve looked in ‘My Account’, etc. but no go”.
[Otherwise ‘My Account’ isn’t there at the top.]

I also looked in downloads while I was there.

But…I contacted Nektar last night and received this reply today:

Update for Case #1780 - “Cubase Mixer Update”
Hi Jim,
There is a Cubase update in the works. We hope to release it soon but I can’t give a concrete release date. All I can say, is that it’s our top priority right now.
If you have any other questions, just let me know.
All the best,
Justin Sullivan

So I’m guessing it isn’t quite ready just yet.

Well that’s strange. I downloaded the file listed thusly:

Cubase and Nuendo Integration files including plugin mapping, driver, Panorama firmware update and Installation Guide. Uploaded 2014/3/26 - version 1.0.5h

And it does seem to have fixed the hidden tracks problem (where if mix console 1 had hidden channels the P6 would get “confused”)

Whaaatttt???

Maybe they posted it, then pulled it off again for some more fine tuning then.

Yup - and that’s exactly the update we’re lookin’ for too!

Had a look just now, It’s still up there, for p1, p4 and p6. What are you seeing exactly? (You do have to enter your device in the Product Registration link to see anything)