New CC121 version?

The CC121 is unavailable everywhere for several months and will be for 7-9 more weeks accourding to Thomann. Steinbergs promoter Dom Sigalas made a video about it and said: “Get it while it’s still available.” That was a short time before it became unavailable. So I asked Steinberg support if they will launch a new version. No answer for several weeks. No answer is an answer, too…

So what do you think will the new CC121 be called? CC122 or CC121 Mk. 2?

What new features will it get? For example like the new SSL UF8: “If it’s completely unlit, it means that pressing it will do nothing in the UF8’s current state, while a dimly lit button indicates that its function is available if needed.”

What other functions do you expect? A cheaper pricetag? A quiet fader?

1 Like

Upgraded fader would probably be one thing. I don’t own one though so not sure how loud it is but seeing as it was released like 10-11 years ago (more maybe) it would make sense that there’s better and cheaper technology out there for parts.
So yeah just better hardware all around I would hope/expect.
Personally I’d love to see a low cut and high cut on there.
What I really want is a channel strip controller. Something as intuitive as the console one but for cubase channel strip. With some feedback on the device too. Not having to double check what channel I’m on would be great.
A midi mode would be cool. Extra assignability is always nice.

I dunno. There’s loads of ways to take it.
It’s really nice for what it does and how small it is. So add too much and you end up getting something else than what you were aiming for.

1 Like

I would like to see it centered around plugins. Everybody owns hundreds of plugins nowadays. Most users don’t use the Cubase channel strip, but one the 15 EQs or 30 compressors they own.

+99999999999999

1 Like

Would love to see a new Cubase DAW controller. Will definitely invest in a new controller from Steinberg! Really hope to see a new one.

2 Likes

OK, let me fantasize a bit in case a Steinberg/Yamaha product manager is on this board: the new CC121 will be a merger of the CC121 and the Arturia Keylab Essentual 61. It will be called Yamaha CC61. Instead of 8 faders it will only have one on the left, but it will be automated like in the CC121. Of course there will be the AI knob, a pan knob and at least 8 knobs to control the plugins with MIDI Learn. The master keyboard will have a bright white color. There will be 8 or 16 pads for drumming/chords etc. All Pads, keys, knobs, and buttons will have LEDs with full RGB color. When using MIDI Learn on a knob it will change color on the keyboard AND in the plugin. The specification will be included in the next VST 3.x. The same applies to the colored LED rings around the knobs. Every LED will be controlled by software, not firmware. There will be no display on the new CC61, because it would look outdated anyway and the users want to use their screens.

Was thinking about getting a console 1, but even better cc121 integration w the channel strip would be great. Or even better…

I would purchase an updated CC121 YESTERDAY if they’d expand the integration into the existing channel strip and plugins. Please continue to innovate Steinberg, don’t let Presonus take the lead!

1 Like

You are talking about Presonus Faderport V2, right? Does it work with Cubase without issues? Or is the old CC121 better? The Faderport doesn’t have 8 knobs for MIDI Learn.