New computer, can't get HALion Symphonic Orchestra to show up in HALion

I just updated to a new computer, installed everything (Cubase 10.5, HALion 6), but I can’t get HALion symphonic orchestra to load. The Library Manager claims it is registered, it is in the Elicencer, but not in Cubase. When I browse to the directory where the vstsound files are, they are maked with red, and not possible to load.

Even though I have Eastwest’s Hollywood orchestra, I actually quite like some patches on HSO, especially with the Hermode tuning, and I have paid for it, so I would like it to work.

Is there any solution?

Hi,
I have a similar problem. I updated my computer, upgraded to Cubase 11, I have a license for HSO, I used library manager to download and install HSO, HSO appears in the library manager and the VSTsound files are displayed there, however, when I scan for the new instrument, HSO does not appear in the plugin manager, the media bay or the inspector. Is there a solution to this?
Thanks.
Kevin

Has anyone found a solution?
I’m having a similar problem. Bought and downloaded HALion Symphonic Orchestra from the Steinberg site yesterday. Installation/activation went well. The app is in the Library Manager, and the eLicenser has it too. I also see the vstsound files in the HSO folder. Today, in my Steinberg account, the app is listed as activated. Yet I don’t see the app in my Applications folder, so I can’t launch it. I’m on a 16" Macbook Pro (2019) with Big Sur (11.2.2).
Thanks for any help.

HALion Symphonic Orchestra isn’t a dedicated plugin anymore, that will appear in the “VST Instruments” listing.
It’s a “content package” for HALion, HALion Sonic or HALion Sonic SE, so select one of the mentioned instruments (e.g. HALIon Sonic SE) and look for “HSO”.
best regards
Gerrit

Thanks for the information.
The confusion stems from the fact that this information about HALion Symphonic Orchestra (now offered as a “content package”) is not stated explicitely on the product’s web page.

Also, the screen shots on that web page are outdated. HSO still looks like a standalone plugin. The manual (available from the Support site) also has outdated screen shots and it does not state that HALion Symphonic Orchestra is a content package.

It looks like there is no intention to update these things because it’s been like this now for a while.