NEW CUSTOM COLORS SCHEMES * TERRIBLE*

I also despise the color system and the lack of uniformity throughout. i can get usable colors for most things. But the Mixconsole is still unreadable to me, with no option to adjust it.

The Problem is that Cubase uses gray colors i.e. for automation lanes and for some other elements/letters/symbols.
Some of these are hardcoded. So when trying to adjust the color scheme you suddenly realize that color changes renders some other elements
almost insvisble. I indeed had to adjust the contrast of my monitor, to make the colors of cubase 9.02 bearable with light color scheme.
That’s the first time EVER I had to do ajust my monitor because of the software.
Steinberg - we need some serious beta testing here. Please adress this and other design issues!!!

This has nothing to do with beta testing. It is a design choice that many users don’t get along with.

Not quite agree - if Steinberg would somehow test it (I would generally call it beta testing) - let’s create lighter theme with the tools
Cubase offer - Steinberg would notice where the shortcomings are …

what makes you think that didn’t occur?

Clearly the color limitation is intentional. They had to go out of their way to introduce the limitation, it is not the way Windows handles colors by default - and as such required extra work on the developers part. So on a beta-test it would fail if it didn’t limit colors because that is the behavior the designers wanted.

They sure did.

Hi All,

I also found the colour schemes since 9.5.5 no good. I don’t know if this helps anyone here but it seems you can restore the colours to the ‘default’ state which to me looks the way it used to. Here’s how i did it anyway:

Go to File->Preferences
User Interface section (almost down the bottom of the list)
You’ll see six sub headings here:
Colour Schemes, Custom Colours, Track Trype Default Clours, MixConsole Fader Colours, MicConsole Rack Colours and MixConsole Channel Strip Colours.
Select each one on left and then hit the ‘defaults’ button down the bottom next to the apply button.
Do this one by one and (to me) it restored all the colours back to what i’m used to. Grey fader knobs, nice blue colour for active plugins and sends etc.
Then i saved that preset as my name. Also then creatred a user profile in the profile manager (File->profile manager).
And now when i open an old session or make a new one it seems to be using these ‘old’ colours.

Hope this helps.

Thank you… I was fine with colours on cubase 9. Switching to 11 made it complicated to adjust the contrasts to be enjoyable. But not only on cubase, Im having a hard time to enjoy groove agent se 5.
This is a solid point to downgrade.