New Forum looks interesting

Anyone else experiencing google results for the old forum are broken links?..

the links are broken but if you search on this forum there is a workaround…(recent posts)

One of the major advantages of the old forum was the fact that Google indexed it so well. Everything was (and still is searchable) straight from the Google search box - and the links led right to the needed post. And now all of this is broken - Google and the new forum - ain’t working together, it seems… Such a pity!

I kind of agree but it’s been a big change - let’s give them chance to work on it.

The old forum change eventually meant that ALL the old posts disappeared forever. At least they’ve saved them this time…for now anyway

1 Like

Discombobulation is my current sensation.

I think it would be useful to have a signature section at the bottom of our posts that can inform others the software, and hardware you might have experience with.

I can’t tell you how many times some new posters will try to describe an issue they have, but neglect to include the software version, or type of hardware they have… which eventually involves someone asking the questions:

• What software verson?

• What hardware?

• MAC / Windows?

Maybe this ability already exist, but I just haven’t found it yet.
Can anybody shed any light… Thanks!

Like some others here, I think the tags solution is probably not the best. One thing I did appreciate about the old forum software was the way that products such as Dorico had their own subforums. I also liked the way that different releases of Cubase had their own subforums.

This took me a minute (maybe a few) to figure out. If you go to your profile and fill in the “About me” section, this is basically your signature. The only thing is that you need to tap/click on the user’s avatar to have it displayed. Pretty obvious, right?

I don’t like anything about this setup so far.

2 Likes

Wow… I’ll experiment with that to see if that looks like the ticket, but I don’t know…

Seems like there should be some kind of plugin for this forum that Steinberg could use to implement such a useful tool.

Thanks for the heads up Scab_Pickens!

Stay Healthy!
Al

When it’s in the signature of the post (i.e. in eye view), something may jump out to you when reading a problem another user has (i.e. Win 7 etc.). I wouldn’t be clicking the name of each poster to check, so agree it would be nice if showed the signature/hardware config.

Obviously discourse is setup to be as clean as possible, so maybe if it defaults to showing sigs on the very first post made for that thread may help? Ideally, you’d want users to tag as ‘help’ and then it populates a list of O/S, Cubase version, CPU to fill in (if applicable).

I see many forums operate that style.

Yeah the new look is snazzy :grinning:
Of course will take time to get to grips with everything
I have adjusted ,to the dark theme,the font and put up my avatar
The only issue I got is how do i find my recent posts,lol :grin:

As discussed above, double clicking your name will take you to your activity screen, where your recent posts will be.

But, i think the more you use discourse the less you’ll need to manually check your recent posts to be fair. As the system will, by default, notify you if activity occurs on any of them.

I set this as the bookmark to the forum on my web browser:-
https://forums.steinberg.net/unread

When i click on that it takes me to any thread i’m involved in that has new posts, so is my starting page.

Double click on your name ?

@FilterFreq How are you replying to people?
I click the reply button on the post, yet it doesn’t show the name of the person i replied to in the top right of the reply. But yours does. (i.e. it says AmbientDave on your reply).

Ahh!! Thanks a lot skijumptoes ,
I will set a bookmark as you suggested,thanks again!

The reply button at the side of their conversation not at the bottom . also their is a Like in the three dots (hint hint ) :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot,yeah thats seems a lot easier ,lol. Got to all get used to this new layout

That’s the button i’m hitting, yet it doesn’t show the little icon in the top right showing who i’m replying to, like yours all do.
This one, right?:

EDIT: Can you believe it, it worked this time. duh!!! Ignore me! lol :slight_smile:

I do like that you can see people typing on the thread you’re viewing too, that’s a really nice feature.

Really like the feel of this new forum , just clicking on the new tab and seeing whats going on in ALL parts of the forum instead of being stuck in say C11 is great and very useful

ahaha don’t worry im just as bad , i was pressing the "reply " you circled in red to reply to you :love_you_gesture:t2: :grin: :grin: