New lockup problems on 6.0.5 under Mac OS?

Anyone having lockup issues in 6.0.5? Ever since I updated, sometimes I hit play and the playbar doesn’t move, and then I get the spinning beach ball of death for a handful of seconds, then it goes away. Then I try to play, it comes back, etc. I eventually have to force quit, and sometimes reboot.

You’re gonna get a lot of blank stares at this post unless you get a bit more specific.

Describe the scope of the Project file that’s locking up. Number of tracks, track types: Audio, VSTi…etc.

Could you post some system specs? Mac type, OS, I/O device…that sort of thing.

Are you using any 3rd party plug-ins? Is everything up to date…ie: compatible with your OS version?

Kontakt 4, a few samples loaded into it, nothing serious (like maybe a gig’s worth of samples). One Ivory II VST. Quantum Leap Spaces for reverb FX. No audio tracks, just VSTs. OS 10.6.8, everything is up to date. 3rd party plug-ins, mentioned above.

Aloha M,

6.05 seems to be running fine here on
my iMac and MacBook (see sig)

One suggestion is to take the long way home.

What I mean is to run C6 and your Mac ‘vanilla’.
No third party stuff at all.

Once working, install one 3rd party item at a time,
make sure everything is working, rinse and repeat
with the next 3rd party item and keep going from there.

HTH
{‘-’}

Can’t at the moment, mid-project.

It seems to only happen with projects where I have video (MOV files) in the pool. Doesn’t seem to play nice with that.

Are you saying you did this update while working on an existing
project(s)?

{‘-’}

Yep. 6.0.4 was giving me issues (different than what I’m experiencing now). I basically traded one problem for another.