Can those using multi-core processors provide some insight? I’m looking at purchasing a 2019 Mac Pro for orchestration within Cubase, 50-100 tracks per project (EW, Spitfire, and VSL mainly), individual instrument effects, a handful of plug-ins including Kontakt.
What would be the optimal processor to avoid any latency/CPU overuse during real-time midi playback? I’m not sure at what point tick speed/core becomes more important than number of cores used.
- 8-core, 3.5GHz Intel Xeon W, 24.5MB cache
- 12-core, 3.3GHz Intel Xeon W, 31.25MB cache
- 16-core, 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W, 38MB cache
- 24-core, 2.7GHz Intel Xeon W, 57MB cache
- 28-core, 2.5GHz Intel Xeon W, 66.5MB cache