My musical band regularly uses Steinberg software and hardware to work with backing track during live performances.
Scheme of work:
Steinberg UR44 connected to the MacBook Pro with Cubase.
There are 3 tracks in Cubase project:
- Backing track stereo mix (direct out 1-2 (to drummer) + direct out 3-4 (to FOH))
- Click (direct out 1-2 (to drummer))
- Marker track (about 150 markers)
Before we start live performance we change the ID of markers in accordance with the songlist we want to perform.
This list changes regularly. We spend a lot of time to manually change the ID of each marker!
Sometimes we need to quickly start a certain song, which was not planned in the performance.
To do it we sort markers alphabetically, and manually search the marker with a specific name. We have more than 150 markers and this value is growing!
Please consider the development of the following functional:
- Drag-n-drop movement of the markers in the list so that you can quickly create a “playlist”.
- Create the quicksearch box on the top of markers list.
Also I need searchbox and sorting at the Arrangement Editor