New Owner - What Should I Download?

Hello,

Brand new owner of Cubase 7 here on OS X. Trying it out as a longtime Logic and Pro Tools user. On the Steinberg downloads page, what should I be downloading to get the “complete” package? I downloaded Cubase 7 core, but what about the content? Is it just the VST Sound Library? What about Padshop and Retrologue. If anybody has a full list, that would be wonderful!

Also, as a side note - I had the 6.5 trial and it wasn’t very CPU friendly on my Mac Pro. Cubase 7 seems better so far - I can load up the project with VSTs and VIs and no clicks or pops. Remains to be seen how it compares to Logic, but it definitely seems more usable than 6.5 on my Mac. Nice!

Thanks!

Hi,
if you are a complete new user (Welcome!) you don’t need to download anything manually. The installer will automatically download the core installer at the end of installation.

Cheers,
Helge

Hi - thank you Helge. I purchased Cubase 7 from another owner who was selling it, so I only have the eLicenser key. I downloaded the Core file from the Steinberg site, but I’d like the content as well - just not sure what that content is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

There’s a long thread about missing VSTi content on this forum. One of the posts from JHP contains a link to the full installer.

Hi,
please download here for Mac.

Cheers,
Helge

Thank you!!