When I bought Transverse today, it became very obvious to me, that as long years Steinberg customer, I am NOT willing wo endure the meanwhile unaccaptable installation madness.
To use my fresh buy of Transverse I had to the same idiotic chain of things, as comes with EVERY new product buy meanwhile:
- download the product
- load a Steinberg download manager update (for each new product!)
- load an elicenser update (for each new product!)
- load an embedding software update, in this case Halion Sonic (for each new Halion sonic product!)
After this whack four step nonsense I am not ready to go with an eleicenser key I would receive by email - that would just be to easy for Steinbergs obstacle race activation philosdophy:
- first I have to go online, open the “MySteinberg” account, paste an “activation key”
- only then I finally get my elicencer key
- I start the elicencer, and paste the elicenser key to activate my product on the dongle, which I have to have plugged in on one USB port all the time
As customer, I don NOT, and under no circumstance, accept this kind of absolutely whack, unreasonable and excessive demand from Steinberg (or any other compnay) for using their products any longer.
So far there were two kinds of products I have bought from Steinberg
- products I rely on, like Cubase and Groove Agent 5
- and products I just bought for creative fun (tools like backbone, soundpacks etc.)
The installation madness from Steinberg, brought upon us from mindless managers, opting for the most easy stupid way for themselves, and the most unnerving for us customers, will have consequences from my side from now on:
- from now on I will boycott buying any products of the second kind from Steinberg, which I don’t necessarily need, and buy and use alternatives from other companies, until Steinberg is revising their whack update and activation procedures. Too much is too much, and I’m finally done with that crap!