New SLM 128 meter! Thanks and a question

Hmm

Well so letz look the next days who has problems who not :wink: as it looks now 6.5 has no troubles but the rest :wink:
In marketing and love everything is allowed?

@Paul think the music lounge would be a better place and these questions dersever imo an own thread :wink:

Here the question is for whom does it work and witch version you use. :wink:

Greetz

I cannot confirm that the problem is related to version.

Originally used with Cubase 6.5.
Just tested using Cubase Elements 6 (installed from a demo installer downloaded months ago).

Works in Cubase Elements 6.

If you look at the location of the info page on the site, it’s geared towards the Nuendo crowd.

Edit: Update on testing.

My previous test with Elements 6 was done with my Cubase 6.5 license present.
I then ran Elements 6 without the Cubase 6.5 license present. The license used was an Elements 6 trial license on soft e-licenser.
The plugin showed up, but would not load into an insert slot. No license error was given (2 other VSTs gave errors at startup, their licenses are on my USB e-licenser).

This concludes (but not for certain) that it may be license locked to the higher end of the Cubase 6.x series, but not actual program version locked.
This does not conclude that the plugin won’t work in Cubase 6 (as opposed to 6.5).

HI

SLM 128 is available as free download from the Steinberg website and can be used with Nuendo 5.x and Cubase 6.x. Please note that SLM 128 is not officially supported.

hmm so normally the cubase elements 6 should work. But for sure not with Cubase 5

This concludes (but not for certain) that it may be license locked to the higher end of the Cubase 6.x series, but not actual program version locked.

Or if all cubase 6 versions should work wouldn’t they write all Cubase 6 version, perhaps they mean with Cubase 6.x only the “big” versions neither elements nor artist?
And the riddle goes on :wink:

Edit;
@jariya
@So No Music
Witch Cubase version do you two have excatly?

Greetz Bassbase

I would say that’s what they mean.
They usually say “all versions of Cubase 6” or specifically mention versions if it’s for anything below full.
It appears to be license locked to the full version.
Which makes sense since Cubase full is closest to Nuendo.

Point is: it’s free. If it doesn’t work, nothing lost. :sunglasses:

Well, two of us who have 6.0.x versions can’t get it to work. So if it is a version problem (and I have the full Cubase) then they need to fix the site to say 6.5.x versions.

I understand I could be wrong, but I haven’t seen anyone say that have a 6.0.x version who’s using it.

OK now the riddle goes on :wink:

Perhaps its just math x=5

:wink:

Greetz Bassbase

Hi all,

thanks for your comments and sorry for any confusion.

SLM 128 is usable from Cubase 6.5, for technical reasons.

Our products are based on different development branches, which results in different technical
requirements, that’s why we had to limit it to Cubase 6.5 for SLM128. The reason for the short-term
development of this free, unsupported plug-in was enabling our customers to deliver R-128 compliant
mixes, especially in the areas of TV production.

We might be able to check if we can port it to the predecessor version, Cubase 6.0.x.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Timo

Thanks for the unambiguous response TimoWildenhain.

It’s always good to have an ‘insider’ contributing to these forum discussions.

Thanks as well TimoWildenhain.

And the website’s been changed as well to reflect this!

Good job Steinberg! :sunglasses:

Then how was I able to load (didn’t actually use) the plugin in Elements 6 with my 6.5 license present? :confused:
Eh…must have tricked the plugin somehow.

As long as you have a 6.5 installation on your computer, it might be able to start. As I said, we cannot GUARANTEE that it works for versions older than 6.5.

See I was right. I imagine it must’ve gone something like this…

“Yes, the plans are working perfectly. Those Cubase 6.0 freeloaders must’ve tried for hours to get this working and nothing… And you did change the website?! Good. Now we have them right where we want them… they’ll be begging us to upgrade to get this meter.”

(I’m kidding of course. Except for the part of trying to get it working. Glad for others they changed the website.)

The plug-in is available free of charge for Cubase 6.5 and Nuendo 5.x users.

They did their best and changed it.

Greetz Bassbase

Bassbase,

It was a joke. Good-natured kidding. I should have known better than try to do that on any internet forum.

My mistake. Won’t bother you guys anymore.

And don’t forget, I was the one who started the thread and thanked them in the first place.

Bye.

Hi

mine was a joke too :wink:
But if i got it right this is just prerelease, letz look if they have more time to program, the lower versions than 6.5 will also benefit from the slm 128 meter.

Greetz Bassbase

Here’s an interesting twist …

The twist

Hi all

only say that I have installed the plugin SLM 128 Loudness Meter in my computer because I have Cubase 5.5.3 and Nuendo 5.5
The great and pleasant surprise is that in Cubase 5.5.3 also works!

Thanks Steinberg

Looks like Shintas result with elements, he also owns the nuendo license and that may be the point why it also works in cubase 5.5, Shinta got 6.5 license and with the dongle it worked in elements without dongle not.
So its not the matter of program version more of the license :wink:

Greetz Bassbase

Yeah, that makes sense.

A point for clarification:
The computer that I tested Elements on has 6.5 installed.

It may be that 6.5’s files are locked down (unable to be seen by Elements 6) without the license present.

It works in Cubase 6.06 and 6.07 in Windows XP (32-bit) - I tried it before I updated 6.06 to 6.07.

Works also in 6.07 in Win 7 (64-bit).

But, it didn’t work first of all in Win 7, it took a system reboot before it decided to show up - all OK now though.

Ola

The mysteryriddle goes on :wink:

:laughing:

Greetz Bassbase