( new song ) I can never win

Hi, had a go at a dance track…if you take a listen, I thank you… :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/i-can-never-win

http://knmac.bandcamp.com/track/i-can-never-win

best, Kevin

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself writing this.
To me it seems to fall between 2 stools of dance and your normal emotional guitar/vocal styles. I think in places that the vocals are too busy, but they’d be perfect if you “remixed” the lyrics back into your normal genre.
The ARP sounded a bit thin and dated. The break & build up in the middle needed to be a bit more pronounced, more of a dynamic change.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the listen, and it was, as you say, " a go", but it didn’t quite work for me.
Neil

i :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I’m just pleased I didn’t use loops or vocals made by somebody else :sunglasses: :sunglasses: (from that standpoint it’s an original song ) I wasn’t looking to make an ‘‘EDM’’ track…just a ''dance ‘’ track,
the more I learn about EDM the more I realise it has it’s own very entrenched rules and rules are made to be broken…
hope I broke a few. :sunglasses:

It’s a wonderful gift to have a great singing voice. I lack that. You’re lucky.

When I started I couldn’t sing to save my life but after a fruitless search for someone who could sing and would be reliable I decided to work at singing…the more you do it the better it gets…
you should give it a shot…yuneverknow :slight_smile:
import thing is to find your key…

best, Kevin

I even mime at weddings & funerals, and as for baptisms - well, the sprog would scream the place down :slight_smile:

Up to your usual writing standards :slight_smile:

As a general comment I would have liked more punch overall in the production and perhaps a more punctuated vocal delivery too. You’re singing with your usual ‘ballad’ voice and I wonder if on this occasion it would be more ‘dance’ to sing much shorter notes. But I’m certainly no expert with this sort of stuff!

:sunglasses:

Yeah, I’ve only got a ‘ballad’ voice I reckon…bit annoying that, I’ve got allsorts of songs that I just can’t sing :frowning: :frowning:

I’m not a good enough producer to do the actual EDM type production, which seems to involve downloading lots of stuff from the net…just wanted to keep away from that…

cheers for listening Ian,

best, Kevin :slight_smile:

I think Ian said what I was trying to say, but much more eloquently :slight_smile:

Yeah…he’s intellectual

Ooh, miaow :slight_smile:
Faancy having a go at a coal miner :slight_smile:
Enjoy your weekend Kevin

Neil

ecky thump!!..just realised that my reply looks like a swipe at you…it was meant as a swipe at us both…Ian is about the only guy left on the forum that can give some good advice and bothers to do so…ie, he’s here regularly and doesn’t post and run…

this also is not a swipe at you or anyone else…yeah I know there are peeps out there who can give good advice but they choose not to be here very much or comment…

just heading of the moaners there… :unamused:

best, Kevin :slight_smile:

Well, I missed the dance music era because I was way deep into Jazz at that point… Anyway, wonderful mix, good overall sound, great singing as always. Keep pushing yourself!