New Steinberg Sample Libraries for Halion 4 ?

I agree. I want more acoustic stuff.

I would be very surprised if Steinberg does not release some new, high-quality new Sample Libraries for Halion 4 by this Summer NAMM 2012, which starts July 12th, 2012.

I feel really satisfied with the quality of the included library: great organic and modern sounds and lightweight! Very well programmed, just like hardware synths and workstations.

I also love the solo acoustic instruments, like saxes or trumpets! Really expressive and easy to play, but there are other instruments that should be improved like violins and flutes, with articulations.

The only thing I haven’t understand in Halion are the acoustic drum kits: they sound weird to me, out of focus, with a strange balance, I don’t know how to describe them.

So, here are some ideas:

• Acoustic drums expansion
  • Orchestral expansion (Halion Symphonic Orchestra?)
  • Ethnic expansion
  • Vintage keyboards expansion (organs and electro-mechanic stuff)
  • Vintage synths expansion (would be cool if done without samples!)

All produced like the current library, solid, expressive and well programmed. Not just using tons of GIGABYTES of stuff like the competitors are doing.

If you own Cubase you should have the installation
disc for the trial of HSO. You can get the full license for 99,-€
from the Steinberg Online Shop. That’s what I did and it
was a good deal. :slight_smile:

I have 3 excellent suggestion:

Virtual Guitarist (Built up similar to Virtual Guitarist 2)
Virtual Bassist (Built up similar to Virtual Bassist)
Groove Agent The Drum Machine (Built up similar to Groove Agent 3)

That would make my day - or even the year!

I know you can do it Steinberg.

:slight_smile:

Yessir! Absolutely!!

Yep, I never installed HSO yet, because I’m actually satisfied with Motu Symphonic Instrument. Mine was just a general suggestion of course!

Woah, I still ask myself why Steinberg had to let go the collaboration with Peter Gorges and Wizoo team… Their stuff was pure gold to me, still today I’m using a couple of Wizoo Akai discs with Halion4.

I guess that’s because Wizoo is part of Avid now.
Maybe Avid didn’t want that.

Maybe Steinberg will announce new Halion 4 Sample Libraries during the upcoming 2012 Summer NAMM show.

We shall see. Show starts July 12th !

+1000

If only they would do that!

So far nothing has been released that is New and Exciting for Halion 4 :unamused:

I wonder when we will see a good amount of new sample libraries for Halion 4 ? Q3/Q4 2012 ? or 2013 !

Yeah… Let’s hope that it’s a good sign and they come up with something
incredible in Q3/4.

Let’s hope…

I like the way they design their instruments (ok, never really got a useful sound out of Padshop, but that may be because i have not used enough time on it). I bought Kontakt+Session StringsPro a few months ago, but using that was not even near to the workflow of Halion 4 or other Steinberg instruments. The Samples from Session Strings are very good, but this thing with production presets and not allowing the user to use all articulations with one loaded instance of s.s.p. (iirc 6 or 8 articulations are the max). I could tell more of this, but this is about steinberg:

Please Steinberg, give us some acoustic instruments with full vst expression 2 support, that would be wonderful.

Yeah, it’s taking quite long by now. I’d also like to see
some groundbreaking new soundsets. Dark Planet was
awesome. But the release is some time ago now and I
want something. I’d really like to see some useful natural
instruments, too.