I’m having a strange new bug with the newest update of Cubase 11 - (11.0.2) - Windows 10 computer, multiple UA Apollo as converters.
I use a lot of external effects when I mix. With the new update, when I use a mono external effect (mono out, through the unit/units, back in as mono…) No problems.
However - now, when I create a STEREO external effect - a mono out going into a stereo effect…a strange error occurs. No matter what, I still get some dry, unprocessed signal coming back through the right channel, in addition to the effects.
Here’s the strange part…this happens, even if I completely unplug the effects unit. If I’m sending my signal through the external effect (let’s say “reamp stereo” even if the device is off and all of the cables are unplugged, the track that I am recording to (let’s say “guitar fx stereo” STILL gets the dry signal in the right channel.
I have tried this with multiple effects units, multiple channels out, multiple channels back in…to no avail.
- Go to Audio Connections (F4) and add add External Effects
- Configuration is Mono Send, Stereo Return
- Assign send/return busses
- Add fx track to project, stereo
- Set desired track to output to new FX track
- Create new (stereo) track, with input of new FX track
- Test delay compensation.
- Try playing track through new effect - effects unit (s) are set to 100% wet signal, no dry signal.
- Original, dry track can still be heard (and is recording) into the right channel…
Any ideas at all? I use out of the box stereo effects regularly and this is bringing my workflow to a bit of a bottleneck…