The last months it seems like i’m “suffering” from creativity :mrgreen:

New track…“Souldier”

Souldier@Soundclick (mp3)

Souldier@Myspace (mp3)

Souldier@bandcamp (wave)

Best thing about “Bandcamp” !!! You’ve GOT to upload wave files… :sunglasses:

Nice! Needs someone wailing some crazy solo’s throughout. :wink:

Don’t get me wrong, what’s there is nice, just sayin’. :mrgreen:

What did you use for guitars? Was that played or a sample set or such?

I can picture it in the background of a FF. :open_mouth: :laughing:

***See other place for def. of FF. :arrow_right:

I like the name. At first I thought it was a type-O and you were trying to spell “Soldier”. I waited to hear the soul in the song and then realized you weren’t trying to do Soul as in Soul Beat. So, I figured you meant Soul as in the Spiritual Soul. Please correct me if I’m wrong on either point.

Hi

I like it as is. Kind of like some Isis without the noise. :slight_smile:

Cheers

yeh good tune again, conjurs up lots of images.

Sounds good, Rotsch!

Nice guitar work. :sunglasses:

Cheers,
Wim

i just noticed the image you use for the track ,the two girls form an image of a skull , i saw the two girls first ,that must mean something. :stuck_out_tongue:

Never expected anything else!! :mrgreen: :sunglasses:

Well…n overdubed spanish acoustic git…first git i ever owned…!! :sunglasses:
And an Ibanez Les Paul…played thru a Pod and an E-bow !!!
Two basses and AD …an embracer…eerrrm…lot of delays n whatever… :sunglasses:

[quote=“TritonKing » 12 Feb 2011 08:19
I like the name. At first I thought it was a type-O and you were trying to spell “Soldier”. I waited to hear the soul in the song and then realized you weren’t trying to do Soul as in Soul Beat. So, I figured you meant Soul as in the Spiritual Soul. Please correct me if I’m wrong on either point.”] [/quote]

Yup…“Souldier” is definitely an “acronym” from Soul n Soldier…needs to be patended :mrgreen: :sunglasses:
Thumbs up to “Type o negative” and Peter Steele !!! RIP !!! :neutral_face: :sunglasses:

[quote="Dave S » 12 Feb 2011 09:46

I like it as is. Kind of like some Isis without the noise. "]

[/quote]

Errmm…yeah…same category…
Likings or for better…the mood is changing from year to year…phase of life…???
There’s got to be some kind of goal…ambition…aim…whatever you’r lookin for…IYKWIM :wink:

[quote=“firestamper » 12 Feb 2011 11:56
yeh good tune again, conjurs up lots of image”]

[/quote]

THAT’s about making music…
What i always trying…somekind of “Movie” for da head…
Ever listening to Enrico Morricone… :sunglasses: :wink:

Heya, Wim!!!
Thanx for lending an ear…hope all is well !!! :sunglasses:
Maybe, one day i’ll ask you to play a sax on some tracks !!! :smiling_imp:

You’ve should ask Salvatore Dali…hopefully, they don’t sue me for that… :confused: :sunglasses: :mrgreen:

Thanks for reviewing…bros !!! :sunglasses:

Listened to the wave file!

I like it very much. :sunglasses:

At first I thought it was a wee bit monothematic but then I thought it made the harmony changes when they did happen that much more effective.

Being an acoustic guitar player, I would have preferred a non-di’d sound for that, but that’s just me. :blush:

Great artwork! I really liked that too! - Where’d that come from?

Hi Rotsch.
I like the composition very much, but I must say, I’m not at all crazy about the mix.
Almost everything is ill defined to my ears. The acoustic guitars seem sorta mid rangey and I can’t
make out the detail in what you’re playing, the bass is lacking in punch and clarity, and
the snare drum is kinda loud, and with the distortion on it, it sounds grating at that volume.
I really like the mood that you’re hinting at here, but I think you need to bring this into much sharper focus.

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it. :slight_smile:

Lenny

Yeah… nice vibe, nice atmosphere. Liking it.

I was kinda thinking there needed to be a more obvious lead/solo part… but maybe not… dunno…

I think Lenny’s right, oddly ( :stuck_out_tongue: ) - the mix is a little murky… mid-rangy, and maybe too much reverb on certain elements. I think you can create the depth, atmosphere and ambience you want while still keeping certain elements quite dry. I really have no idea what FX - reverbs/delays you are using but I think most of the issues I hear in the mix relate to the application of FX. I can’t say whether you need to HP the reverbs, use pre-delays or whatever, but that’s where I’m thinking tweaks could be made. Drums sounded kinda brash… though perhaps you wanted a more industrial type sound?

Love the track though… plenty of drama which I always like. :sunglasses:

Note to Rotsch: even though you upload a wav file to Bandcamp, it streams at lousy 128kps (but of course it allows one to download the wav version)

I like the intricacies and nuances of the interesting voicings in the piece.

I think Sherz hit the nail on the head – ODDLY ENOUGH – when he suggested the reverb/delay treatment is muddying this up a bit. I also agree when he says you can use a combination of dry and wet treatments in order to open it up better.

There is one thing I HATE about this recording, however: THAT SNARE. It’s flabby, slappy, abrasive, too loud and quite annoying! Please – this piece has great potential because the underlying concept is very cool, but to paraphrase The Gipper, “Mr Rotschman, replace that snare!” :laughing:

Thought I’d give this another listen.

While the snare might not be to everyone’s taste I like it. It’s good to have an element in the mix that is not quite right from a purist point of view. It adds character imho here.

If you clean up the mix please don’t loose the vibe you have now. Maybe reduce a bit of the loe mids but not too much. One thing that did bother me this listen were the string squeaks but I know how hard they can beto get rid of. :wink: :wink: