New user here need help please.

I just bought the CI 1 and a Vocalist Live 3 pedal. I have no clue how to connect my Vocalist live3 thru the CI 1 to record guitar tracks and voice tracks. can anyone help me figure this all out? I looked on the web for 2 days and im no further than I was 2 days ago… Any help would be appreciated.

thx
Steve

The Live 3 output goes into the CI 1 input.

Hi. Sorry im new here and im probably not in the right forum. I have a Steinberg MI4 media interface my friend gave me and my problem is that when i install the driver “MI4_2.8.13_XP_Vista_32bit,” im on win 7 btw, my system cannot detect the interface after install and reboot, etc. I checked the device manager and the MI4 appears in “Other devices” and its in yellow. It also appears in “sound… controllers” but in normal state. It doesn’t appear in playback/recording devices in the volume tray.

I was using this interface for over a month with no problem. It is attatched to my PC. This problem happened when i transferred the interface to a laptop and back to my PC. I tried uninstall/install multiple times already and i still cant figure it out. Anyone can help me i would really appreciate it.

Thank you

I have the exact same issue as you, Deaux, but with the MI4_2.8.14_Vista_64bit_only driver. My MI4 worked ok with Windows 7 and this driver, but after several months the sound started to fade out now and then, and I had to plug the USB out and in again to have it work. This got even worse, and suddenly distortion problems appeared. I decided to re-install the driver, but that ended up in the same situation as yours: “…checked the device manager and the MI4 appears in “Other devices” and its in yellow. It also appears in “sound… controllers” but in normal state. It doesn’t appear in playback/recording devices in the volume tray.
My wild guess is that there might be some conflict with another driver, or maybe some incompability issues arrived with Windows updates.