New user. Melodyne and vocalign integration ?

Hi, I’m new cubase 10 user.
Recently upgraded from cubase 8.

I need help figuring out how to make audio from track transfer to melodyne and to vocalign with one click.

For Melodyne - load it in an insert slot on the track with your audio. Position your playhead, open the plugin, press the ‘Transfer’ button (top left area of plugin UI - it turns orange) and then start playback of Cubase. Voila.! Audio material is transferred into melodyne, ready for further editing.

Don’t know about VocAlign.

Hope thats helped :wink:

Melodyne Transfer:

1. Alt + I to open Inspector, Insert Melodyne on the FIRST Insert in the Inspector
  2. Select the TRANSFER button in Melodyne ( Put your cursor at your capture starting point)
  3. Hit the Space Bar or Enter to start playback/capture

VocAlign:

This may be dated but I dont use VocAlign here

deleted

ok @shanabit - sorry; crossed posts syndrome…! :slight_smile:

Calm down there. Funny but my post showed up here BEFORE yours so there ya go. Here to help :sunglasses:
Now if someone who knows the VocAlign procedure would show up

that’s the old and very long way to do it the way you describe.

I heard now that audio from the track gets imported into melodyne with single click.

Saw YouTube videos of people doing it in reaper, studio one etc.
But can’t find how to do it in cubase

Strange first post for a new Cubase user

Right now, in Cubase 10.0.15, that’s the only way to do it.

I heard now that audio from the track gets imported into melodyne with single click

That requires Cubase to support a thing called ARA2, which is promised by Steinberg to occur in an upcoming update.

Saw YouTube videos of people doing it in reaper, studio one etc.

That’s because those DAWs already have ARA2 support.

Currently, the ONLY way to do it. You heard wrong of course. There are no YouTube videos on it since it doesnt exist yet. Logic and Reaper just added it BTW with both having some issues still here. StudioOne ARA is very fluid here.

ProTools, Live, DP, Cubase, Nuendo do NOT have ARA support yet

ARA support is expected to be added to Cubase within the next two weeks or so. At least, that was the initial projection from Steinberg when version 10 was first released. So soon.

For now, you have to do things the long way.

Thank you for replies guys.

Sucks that it’s not possible yet in cubase :frowning:

CB10 was advertised as having ARA2 support in the 1st quarter update. I think we will be lucky to get it by CB11

You can have it done correctly, done quickly, done cheaply. Choose two.