New version of Kontakt not being seen.

Hi Folks,

Overnight it seems, when I select Kontakt 5 as the VST instrument and try and select Session Horns Pro as the instrument I am warned that the Version of Kontakt is too old and use Native Access to update it.

Start up Native Access and sure enough there is an update. Install the update but get the same message. Huh?

Cubase sees the version of Kontakt 5 as 5.6.8 (R25). The downloaded version is 5.7.1 (R35).
I have gone into the plugin manager and done a rescan, no change.

When I run Kontakt 5 standalone the new version is run.

Can someone please offer me some directions to follow to fix this situation?

Thanks.

Update on my update issues.

Did a lot of searching but non of the advice I found solved my problem.

It seems that Cubase caches the folder path and an update does not effect this. In my case the folder listed did not even exist but it happily gave me the old version.

Decided to get serious and solved the problem.

There is a file in C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 9_64 named ‘Vst2xPlugin Infos Cubase.xml’.

There are three entries in it regarding Kontakt, so I deleted them. Just be on the safe side I made a copy of the file before I altered it.

When Cubase started and did it’s scans it found the new versions.

Problem solved!

thank you.

None of the Kontakt updates gave me a problem like that, for the record.

I have this exact same issue:

Cubase 8
Mac OS 10.11.16

Native access shows that the Kontakt latest version is fully installed. When I open it up as stand-alone it will open all my samples but NOT within Cubase, that is somehow insisting on opening up an older version, EVEN if I have deleted it. There is some weird cache going on here that Cubase is holding onto. Your instructions to fix this were for Windows and do not apply to a mac, at Ieast do not have the “Vst2xPlugin Infos Cubase.xml”. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Gis

Have you moved the .dll files? The problem may be that the updater updated the files in the default location but Cubase is still looking at older ones that have been moved.

Hey there, you suggested that I remove the .dll files.

I’m on a Mac and have not been able to find any corresponding Cubase files on my drive associated with Cubase.

Do you know what the corresponding thread to “Vst2xPlugin Infos Cubase.xml” on a Mac would be?

Thanks!