New video engine fails

It looks like only Intensity Pro users are having the problem.

Yep, and only in N8.

I’m using Intensity Pro on Windows 7 and N8, seems to work good here. Less choices but working

I’m using without issues h264 Full HD with N8 and Intensity Pro on Mac.

No news on this?

I can get 1080p24 and 23.98 out of N8 with my intensity Pro cards but not 1080p25, 29.97, 30 or 1080i50, 59.97, 60

This is now a month old.
Why is there no communication?
Has the problem been tracked down?
Will we see a solution soon?
Regarding the RX6gate Steinberg has already officialy declared that they broke the essential function but do not work on a solution and rather leave it to a third party. What is the status on this?

I just PM’d one of the iZotope developers on Gearslutz so if I hear anything I’ll share it here.

Hi Oliver,
in the meantime we have investigated in this problem but cannot reproduce it here yet. Therefore we sent you a private message for having further information. best wishes, Tino

I wondered about this as well and asked the iZotope Support and good news is that it sounds like they are working on it on their end, but no timeline yet.

At the moment I do not have a timeline as to when this will be fixed however out development team is aware of the issue and it is currently under investigation and will be considered in future updates to the software.

Wondering if there is any news on Intensity Pro compatibility with N8. Still stuck on N7 waiting for advice or solution.

I have also issues with the Intensity Pro on N8. Please fix this. :slight_smile:

Nuendo 8 and now after last update Cubase 9 won’t work with my blackmagic Intensity pro?!?!

It depends on your setup. It seems that 1080HD in N8 produces a signal that some TV sets / monitors can’t display. You could be lucky and it would just work or unlucky und just get a black screen.

Make sure your BM Card is setup to the framerate you want using BM desktop video Utility. In your daw make sure your frame matches your BM card framerate. All this assumes your monitor can accept that framerate.

I would start off with 1080i59.97 as that is the standard TV broadcast framerate.

Will verify my comments when i am back at my computer but that is the gist of how you should troubleshoot.

If your material is for film or is was shot in progressive then you will have to try a few more things like the PSF setting which makes the signal appear as if it is interlaced when it is progressive. Hope this helps.

Hi guys,Thanks for your answers
I’ll try to explain myself better,.

N8 and now C9 won’t see my card on the devices.
in “video player” what I see now is only “onscreen window”

The only thing I can suggest at this point is uninstalling and reinstalling Blackmagic Desktop Video drivers with the most current version of it and reconfigure the utility once you reinstall.

Several people here are having this issue with that card. Sure would be nice if Steinberg engaged us more. We are in effect their public beta testers and they ought to respond.

I installed previous version of Blackmagic Desktop Video, because with newest, N8 did not see the card (N7 saw it otherwise).

Works perfectly here with N8 & BM devices. Excellent actually, since the new video engine, DNxHR etc. NB that the current BM Desktop Video drivers are 10.9.5.

Just upgraded Nuendo 7 to 8.0.15. Mpg video doesn’t play anymore.