Newbie not finding instructions for changing octave of entire piece. Help?

Free version SE 3.5 Newbie not finding instructions for changing octave of entire piece. Help?

Welcome to the forum. Can you clarify? Are you asking about playback?

Have written an eight bar start to a piece for double bass, and listening to it play back, it is too low to really discern the notes, so I’d like to raise all one octave.

Select the notes, then Ctrl-Alt-up arrow.

Thank you. That was the solution I tried after reading it in the forum a few minutes ago, and n did not work. Tried again, and it works fine.
Probable pilot error first attempt?
Now just need to get this Roland A-300 Pro keyboard controller to be recognized as a midi input. Not showing up in “Play”-> “Midi Devices”. Not even showing in my Macbook Pro hard drive.

Then it’s probably not a Dorico issue. Does it require drivers to be installed?

Yes, likely needs driver. I’ll look into it. Hoping to play directly into Dorico with bass guitar, so Roland keyboard will be moot. Have a Sonus Audio-to-Midi converter arriving Wednesday. Will seek tech support from retailer at that time. Thanks again.

For your own reference, some other transposition tools at your disposal -

MIDI devices don’t normally show up ‘on the hard drive’ (by which I presume you mean in the Finder/Desktop.) It should show up in Audio MIDI Setup.app, which is in the Utilities folder.
See if it responds in another app, like Garageband or Logic.

Don’t forget that the Double Bass is a transposing instrument: it plays an octave lower than written.