Hello I am completely new to cubase and recording at all.
Trying my first steps and hope for some support:
What I am trying to do:
I want to record a few notes from my keyboard (roland stage paino RD700GX) and see the result in the note editor -> correct some notes -> play back using cubase instruments and later on the Roland.
What I was able to do so far:
- connect the Roland with the PC using an Audio Interface via MIDI cabling
- set the Roland to mode “MIDI record”
- opened a new project in cubase
- added a midi track (selected grand piano settings from the dialog in cubase)
- recorded some notes
- opened the note editor
- noticed that there is no bass clef (is that the right word ?)
- opened the note editor settings and selected split note system at C1
- recorded again but still the notes below C1 are not on the bass lines (please see the attached screen shot)
I am sure I am doing something wrong.
Can somebody give me a hint what I need to change?
(ordered some tutorial DVDs already but they take time to be delivered).
Thank you in advance and sorry if this a too newbie question.