NEWS: Finale 27 and SMuFL

Download Finale v27 demo, install it, then uninstall it. You will still get the fonts and the json files stored in your system. You don’t need any account to download Finale demos.

Nordine hello,
Probably the best way to solve the problems you are getting with your fonts will be to get in touch with the guys from MakeMusic. Your fonts are really great and the problem should be fixed! :slight_smile:

I wish you success! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

1 Like

Nordine,
When I’m trying to download the demo for Windows, the website asks me to create an account first in order to download the trial version.
I can’t find another way to download it without account. If you have some idea, please, tell me. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

Already contacted them many times, they have ciment in their ears. Too bad…

Try these links:

https://makemusic-downloads.makemusic.com/Finale/27.0/Win/en-US/FinaleDemoSetup.exe

https://makemusic-downloads.makemusic.com/Finale/27.0/Mac/en-US/FinaleDemoSetup.dmg

I tried to parse the download link using my account.

1 Like

Well, probably something isn’t going as good as it should be with this releas?! Currently I can’t even reach their page to create an account.
Probably the will answer you as soon as they clean the issues they have?!

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

By the way, now that MM smufl’d Jazz, Broadway, Ash, Maestro, Petrucci as Legacy and The Engraver, maybe no Dorico user would be interested about my norfonts haha!!! :rofl: even they are very competitive!

XML is the solution. It’s OK :wink:

Haha, don’t worry about your fonts! :slight_smile:
The professional engravers always looking for something new, well designed and interesting.
Just keep making and refine them! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the links! :slight_smile: They work fine.

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

1 Like

Oh! finally they worked. Enjoy!

You know? it’s been now 1 year that I smufl’d BopMusicSMFL and RealScoreSMFL, then in one year I designed 8 smufl fonts for Dorico along with accompanying text fonts. Now, it’s time for gigs, studio recordings and concerts, les affaires reprennent ici!

2 Likes

If you’re going to use only the fonts from Finale v27 demo installation, just remove these json file and their related folders, these entries (blue selections below) are for text fonts, Dorico will often seek for json music fonts :

So I think we don’t need them, then you get only these 6 new smufl’d music fonts from MM:

2 Likes

Last year, I’ve wrote a python script that converts non-smufl music font to smufl and vice-versa, I will try later to convert GA but I’ll need a permission from its developer/designer Donald Rice, unfortunately I can’t find his email/contact.

Thank you very much for the additional assistance! :slight_smile: I really appreciate it!
I will spend much more time with the fonts in afternoon to carefully check what I may need, and what can be deleted. :slight_smile:

Once again, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Nor,
By the way, you could think about classical font which looks semi-printed/semi-hand written influenced by the Arabic and Persian geometrical forms and letters. This would bring a spirit of something ancient and at the same time decent, and interesting for the purposes of scoring for classical musicians.
Your BopMusic and RealScore fonts have an Arabic influence, but they are Jazz style fonts.
If you have wish and time, you could think about how this could be applied for Engraver/Classical style fonts. With your talent I’m sure that something very nice and interesting may come out. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

1 Like

It does not appear that Dorico can yet import Music XML 4.0 files exported from Finale 27.

See my answer above: Don has let me convert the font, and I’m working on it (amongst other things).

Cool!

I was hoping for more in this latest Finale update, but it’s difficult to see it as anything other than a disappointment.

At least Dorico users get some new fonts for free … :smiley:

2 Likes