No audio in on Cubase 5

I’ve eventually got my Cubase 5 working but now I can’t get any sound into it. I am only using the jack input on the computer and have got it set up on the devices as line in but I can’t take it off inactive.

Any advice?

Go to Devices/device setup and make sure your sound card is selected.

active/inactive only means if it’s currently in use in your project, you can’t change it.
Add an audio track, select the line input and you’ll see it changes to active.

Active / Inactive depends on if the hardware ports are connected to a bus in VST connections - Nothing to do with track input selection.

Oh, fair enough. In that case you’ll want to go to VST connections and make sure that’s sorted :slight_smile:

I found the vst connection but although active, still no audio in.

What else could it be? How do you select your sound card?

If you are using your onboard sound device (highly un-recommended), you could try ASIO4ALL …

http://www.asio4all.com/

That is if you are on Windows. But how the Hell is anyone supposed to know since you can’t seem to provide any details of your system?

Scab, as you can see from my obviously measly 4 posts, I don’t use this site much. I apologise for my naivety not realising it was a pre-requisite that I post my system on the question.

I am running Window 8 on an 8GB RAM Athlon AMD dual core from a laptop. 1TB hard drive.I have used Cubase for some years, always on the internal sound card, for live click tracks and have never had a problem. It is 3 years since I last set it up and can’t remember how I did it.

Is there anyone else with constructive advice or any other system info you may need?

The Windows audio input settings may need adjusting - also if an audio driver is being shared with Windows (OS), the OS can take over driver control…

HI…I NEED THE SAME HELP TO…I AM RUNNING THE CUBASE 5 IN WINDOW 8 64 BIT.CORE I5,WITH CL2 SOUND CARD. WHEN I SELECT THE AUDIO TRACK I CANT ACTIVATE THE RECORD ENABLE. I CANT RECORD ANY SOUND FROM THE SOUND CARD. I ACCESS THE DEVICE SETUP,CHECK ALL THE IMPUTES OF MY AUDIO CARD AND ALL ARE ACTIVE. IT
WORK PRETTY WELL IN 32 BIT BEFORE. WHAT I DO WRONG? :cry: PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!!!

Then your track has no input bus assigned. And btw. your capslock seems to be broken.