No Audio on Focusrite Interface

I was ready to buy Cubase after a single day of testing but unless my problem is solved it’s not going to happen.

Everything started fine. Got Cubase up and running with the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface and everything was great. Until I had to reopen a project. The first problem was that only new projects would play back any sounds. Any time I reopened an already exisiting one there would be no sound coming out (I could see the output mix bars moving but no actual sound was sent to the interface - nothing on MixControl inputs). At the time the solution was to reload manually every instrument in the project. Since then (without changing any settings) the situation has evolved into no sound whatsoever. I can not play back anything, whether it’s real-time from my MIDI interface, new project + new instrument or an existing project loaded from file.

Before anyone asks, I have the latest software and drivers. The interface works fine in any other situation including other DAWs (Ableton, ProTools and Audition).

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you’re having some problems. Please could you check that your VST Connections window is set up correctly?

To do this, please go to Devices > VST Connections, then go to the Output tab. You should see your stereo output, check that this has been assigned to the Scarlett 18i8 under the ‘Audio Device’ column (if you’re on a Windows computer this will show as the Focusrite USB driver). Sometimes when opening a session this can default to either a different driver or ‘Not Connected’.

If the problem persists, please feel free to get in touch with us directly via: http://focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards,
Jack // Focusrite Technical Support