NO Audio playback, but meters are moving!

Hello everyone,

I’m working on iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. And I’m using Cubase Elements 7 with the Steinburg UR22, now the problem:

So I’ve been using the program for a long time now and usually I get the sound clipping in/out during playback and sometimes when I start up the program, there is no playback for a second or two but then it cracks in (I figure its getting overloaded, but its working so I move on). However, this morning I turned on the program and no sound came crackling in at all, its just silent. I hadn’t changed anything within the program recently.

After reading all the help online and trouble shooting, I got the metronome to have sound, but still no audio playback within the tracks, but all the levels and meters are moving. I checked for all the usual mistakes but I’m at a loss now.

Thank you for your help, you’ll be saving my life.

Hi and welcome,

Are you using headphones, or a speaker monitor? Are you sure, the Volume of the output (or headphones) is set to the proper level? Is the Monitor (Direct) / Mix knob turned clockwise to Mix, please?

When I open another project the audio was fine and working, I am using monitors. It’s just this specific project that has no sound, and when I copy it and record new audio, there is no sound.

Hi,

Try to open VST Connections and remove the Monitor bus. Then Add it back.