No Audio Playback

Hello!
I have Dorico 4 running on my ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 Laptop, kitted out with an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD.

I have loaded in the BBCSO template and entered in some music. I have waited for the playback transport controls to light up as recommended. The curser moves through the notes I have entered but there is no audio played back.

I have a similarly speced Inta Audio tower PC which does not play back the audio either.

Any advice to enable the music to be played back as I would expect would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

While such BBCSO project is loaded, please do from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here.
Also, have a look at one of the BBCSO plug-in windows and see how much memory it is using overall. As long as the number is slowly increasing, the plug-in is still preloading samples (which can take quite a bit of time). When the number is stable, is there still no sound output?

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (893.3 KB)

Hi @ninetofortytwo , thanks for the data. But do you have audio now? You marked my previous posting as solution.

The diagnostics I would have only needed if you still don’t get no sound.

Hello Ulf

I forgot to mention that I have Cubase working fine with BBCSO on both my Asus laptop and my Inta Audio tower PC.

Dorico 4 does not play back on either machine.

Kind regards

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks, now got you.

Looking at the log data, your audio device setup tell me, that you don’t have any output ports.
What audio device are you using with Cubase, the built-in audio device of the PC?
If so, then your problem is, that both programs can not access the same audio device at the same time. I will do some tests on my end and come back, soon…

Hello again @ninetofortytwo , please download and install the free driver FlexASIO.
With that one you can have both, Dorico and Cubase accessing the built-in speaker device at the same time.
Please come back here if you have trouble setting it up.

Have just tried that, now nothing is working!

Ian

Please have a look under C:/Users/<yourname> . Is there a file called FlexASIO.toml? If so, could you please open it with a text editor and post the content of it?

I have FlexASIO-1.9

Ian

Just a quick follow up, in the meantime Ian is now set up with FlexASIO and can listen to both, Dorico and Cubase at the same time.

1 Like