No idea how to write an accompanied cadenza

Hi everybody!
Im struggeling with writing a string arrangement based on a piano reduction. Look here:

The cello cadenza is in 4/4 – for the orchestra. Its easy to see the cello voice and the voices I have to arrange for the orchestra (e.g. dotted half notes and quarter notes in the lower system). I am struggeling with bar 2. The orchestra stays in a 4/4-measure but the cello plays a 15/8 measure (all in all). How can I write this? Is there a better way than inserting a hidden 15/8 bar with deleated rests for the orchestra in order to fake a 4/4 bar?

Thanks in advance!
Hans-Peter

Bei der instrumenten-spezifischen Takt-Angabe die Alt Taste halten, so kann man soviele Takt-Änderungen eingeben wie man will.
Keep the Alt-Key pressed while entering the measure

1 Like

Thank you! Its laborious, but it worked! :slight_smile:

How about writing a 15 Tuplet of 8th? then just hide the tuplet.

1 Like

Danke, aber was meinen Sie mit einer instrumenten-spezifischen Taktangabe?
Note auswählen, shift-m, Taktart eingeben, dann alt-return? Das erzeugt verschobene Taktstriche. Oder verstehe ich es falsch?

das haben Sie richtig verstanden. Verschobene Taktstriche sind tatsächlich
ein Problem. Versuche gerade mit den Ttakstrich-befehlen zu experimentieren. (verschieben , einfügen…).
Individuelle Rastral-Grösse . (alles mit der Alt-Taste)
Vielleicht gibt es da eine Lösung irgendwie.
Nicht zu schnell aufgeben ist meine Devise…

I’d use an 11e:4 tuplet to replace the 2 middle beats of the bar.
cadenza
(Then hide the tuplet, and possibly scale the notes to cue size)

1 Like

Sometimes I even just keep writing and mess with barlines, adding and removing where needed. It’s analogous to the 15/8, but you don’t have to do any calculation. Also, for playback, once the rests are hidden, you can use the key editor to quickly lengthen the duration of the chord (making sure that the audio icon is selected instead of the MIDI icon) Here’s a clip where the rests are already hidden.
Cadenza