no more Full Screen Mixer in 8.5. seriously?.... :(

there is no more Full Screen Mixer in 8.5 [Moderated: use proper language, please - Steinberg Forums]

and i HATE to use AERO on windows, i hate the FX. it freaks me out!

Agreed, in a time where there are more and more info and stuff squezzed into the mixer, it was a WRONG decicion to remove the fullscreen mixer. Bring it back please!

Hi,

You can maximize MixConsole window. Thanks to the new windows concept, the result is exatly the same. Isn’t it?

Yes, confusing thread.

Nope, not the same. What I am talking about is the feature introduced in C7, a full window, without the usual window borders, stretched out, AOT, fully on your monitor. Very usefull for us who have a dedicated monitor for the mixconsole.

The new windowmanagement in C8 is useless for me. I have 3 monitors, one for the arrangerwindow, one for mixconsole, and one for vstis.

Hi,

Than I would say, the new window management is perfect for your needs, because you can arrange your windows freely. You are not limited by the Cubase desktop and border, as it was before.

The window frame of the MixConsole is just a few pixels (on Mac none). I think, it’s much more useful, now.

The new windowmanagement in C8 is useless for me. I have 3 monitors, one for the arrangerwindow, one for mixconsole, and one for vstis.

I am also struggling to understand the issue.
I also use 3 monitors in a similar arrangement as you. My centre monitor has the project arranger, my right monitor has the mixer, my left monitor has transport controls, VSTis, time display, channel settings window (although sometimes I use the left monitor for the score). I find that since v8 I have full freedom to use the three monitors as I need and it works well.

Dave

Hi and merry christmas! I dont arrange my windows, because its all setup by a custom template i have made that fit my workflow perfectly. My point is, this windowbar on top of the mixconsole, with no usefull info on it, means one row of plugin etc scroll more, everytime, compare to cubase 7. Hj

You can drag the bar to be on top of your project page instead (using 2 or more screens).

Ah - now at least I understand it. My only ask would be , if the window arrangements are changed in the future, I would not want to go back to the old way where the score was limited to being within the project window ( a restriction MAC users did not have)

Merry Christmas to you also :slight_smile:

Dave

Yeah, it would be nice to have the option, at least. We had it in 7, it shouldnt be difficoult to add it again, I hope!