No multi track playback with key editor open

Earlier today, I could have sworn that I was able to get multiple tracks (Track 4 Eric main in jpg below) of audio to play back at the same time I had key editor open and was actively using Halion Sonic SE to create a drum track. My layout shown in “Key editor no guitar track playback.jpg” attached.

I was investigating how to use the midi keyboard layout, insert markers, and scroll forwards and backwards through the time line… in other words, I was button mashing like a mad man. That’s when the trouble began. I have no idea what key or combination that I hit, but now I do not get any extra audio playback from any of my tracks while in Key Editor for an instrument track.

The only way that I can hear both the modified instrument track from key editor and Track 4 to play back together is with the mixer overlay on top as shown below

If I enable the monitor for track 4 and 5 as shown below, and have key editor opened on top, I only hear the drum beat shown, not the guitar as well

If I disable the monitor for track 4 and 5 shown below, and have key editor opened on top, I also only hear the drum beat, but not the guitar. If I get out of key editor, and have the mixer hidden, and playback, I hear both tracks when not monitored.

I have also closed a project and opened a new project, and inserted an instrument track, in addition to a separate audio track, and have the same issue. So I seem to have triggered a universal setting for all projects. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

Certainly unlike in your screenshot, you had “Solo Editor” disabled then.

Certainly, you were correct. That worked. Thank you.