I am a newbie attempting to get Cubase 7 operating and recording. I am able to successfully record sounds through the microphones, but cannot figure out how to get the playback to be heard in the headphones or anywhere.
My setup is as follows:
• Steinberg Ci2 with two microphones connected using XLR cables.
• The Line Out ports have nothing plugged into them.
• The Phones port has a set of stereo headphones plugged into it.
• The USB port is plugged into my Windows 8.1 PC
Here are the data points:
• The headphones are working and sounds made into the microphones can be heard on the headphones whether Cubase is running or not.
• When the Cubase Transport Play button is selected, a vertical bar appears and moves through the recorded waveforms just as it does in the Tutorial videos, however, there is no sound.
• All other sounds from the PC are able to be heard in the headphones, such as sound from the Tutorial videos and anything else that Windows generates.
• The VST Connections – Outputs screen shows
o Bus Name: Stereo Out (with Left and Right appearing below it in the column)
o Audio Device Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver
o Device Port: Communications Headphones (I 1, Communications Headphones (I 2
It is my belief that the playback should be able to be directed to the Phones jack on the Ci2, but I cannot find a way to do so. Thank you.