no signal from keyboard in cubase

Thanks for the suggestion, GN. I have disabled all power saving options, also for USB. But it does not help. Every time I experience that midi signals are being cut off, I search through all event logs to see what happened just before the cutoff. So far I have noticed that there have been some Notification Push activities, and I have som error messages related to the source “dbupdate”. I dont believe the latter is causing the sudden cutoffs of midi data, but I am not so sure about the Windows Push Notification Platform.

I’m having the same issue here with my AKAI MPK mini 2 but under Nuendo 7. Only difference is that I do have midi activity in the transport but no luck at making it control any vst intrument.
The keybord works in standalone apps, and under reaper but no success with Nuendo. I have check all the suggestion above still nothing works…
Anyone here had their AKAI MPK mini 2 work in any Steinberg software? I’m starting to think it is simply not supported…

If you have midi activity in the transport bar then it’s ‘supported’. Anything that sends midi is supported.
Did you go through all the things mentioned above? (enable monitor on an instrument track set to all midi inputs, make sure generic midi remote is disabled etc)

As far as i can tell, both are ok: Windows recognises my keyboard; the keyboard itself is supposedly plug and play, so no driver software was installed. Anyways, i will check this to be 100% sure. Thanks Guillermo for your reply.

Thanks to this thread, I was able to fix the problem I was having, the same one everyone else here had. I’ve not had much chance to use version 9 since buying it in December, so I was flummoxed when keyboard input wouldn’t register in Cubase like it always had before.

Hello All, I to have a problem with an Akai Mini. I have Cubase 9, Windows 7 and Steinberg UR824.

In the previous post it was stated the the solution was found. I have tried what I saw here but I’m still having this problem.

Any help as to how I can fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, I’m replying to my own question but I believe I resolved it as mentioned due to the information I found in this thread. What I was missing was setting it up as a generic remote as shown in the post 'by boris df » 23 Jun 2015 19:04 ’

Thanks to all!!

Its easy. On PC just go to control panel>device manager>sound devices>select on your midi controller>update the driver from there.