No Sound After Windows Update

Hi - Dorico 3.5 was working fine for me yesterday. Then last night, my PC underwent a system upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 2004 (OS build 19041.610). Today in Dorico I don’t hear any sounds during playback. (Other applications are producing sound.) I’m using the Halion Sonic SE VST instruments. How can I troubleshoot this?

Please load a project and then from Dorico’s menu choose ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and attach the corresponding zip file here. Thanks.

Ok. Here it is. Thanks,
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (771 KB)

Thanks. There is no sound, because the audio driver does not “see” any output ports and therefore streams all the audio into void.
How about other applications, does sound come out if e.g. you watch YouTube videos?

In Dorico, go to ‘Edit > Device Setup’ and click the ‘Device Control Panel’ button, a new little window opens.
At the top of that window, toggle the option that is called something like “allow exclusive access”.
In the middle of that window is a list of output ports, does then at least one port get listed?

Ok. So I do get sound from other applications. Back in Dorico, the box that says “Allow ASIO host application to take exclusive control of selected port configuration” is unchecked however one of the output ports is still checked (Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)). If I check the take-exclusive-control checkbox, the sounds from Dorico are now audible but every other application doesn’t produce sound (which makes sense). Is there a way I can hear both Dorico and non-Dorico sounds? As I said, both were working prior to the Windows update. Thanks,

Update: After unchecking the take-exclusive-control, both Dorico and non-Dorico sounds are now audible. Thanks!