No Sound at all in Dorico 3

Well, at second sight I found that you don’t have the HALion Symphonic Orchestra library installed. So please use the Steinberg Download Assistant and download and install the Dorico Sound Installer package. It’s huge, around 9GB, but it contains all the sounds for orchestral instruments. But you should still get sound out when e.g. creating a project from piano template, because the piano sounds you do already have installed.

I’m also having an issue with no sound coming out in a specific score. I made a new piano score, and the sound works fine, so it must be something to do with the individual score I’m working on. All the settings I can see appear to be the same between the two scores, but I must be missing something. I have all the sound libraries installed.

This score used to play sound, until recently. I wonder if it may have had something to do with when I plugged in a MIDI controller. I think it’s only since disconnecting that that the sound has stopped.

Could you please post the project file here? Or if it is confidential, please send via mail to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.
Also, when you have that project open in Dorico, choose from the main menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and also provide the corresponding zip file.
Thanks

Hi Ulf, thanks so much for your response. I just sent you an email.

It was exactly the problem. I indicate the bigger buffer possible, and it started to work. Don’t know why it isn’t is fixed at the installation. It’s bad to have to look in internet to start ear something. Now I will try the program! Tanks a lot