No sound!! - Exporting MIDI to Audio Mixdown

Specs:
Yamaha MX49
Cubase AI8
16gb RAM
icore5
64-bit
Windows 10

When I try to export midi to audio mixdown, the audio channel is created and shows up on my project, but there is no audio; in other words, there are no sounds waves recorded, it s just a flat line for both the left and right channels, which leads me to believe there is an issue with the output channels.

As a note, there is no problem with recording my midi tracks via the MX49 and hearing them back through the project as midi tracks; it s just when trying to export the midi to audio mixdown.

When looking at the export pop-up window, the only output channel option is Stereo Out. I checked what is assigned to Stereo Out by the way of “VST Connections-Outputs”, and the audio device reads “Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO” and the Device Port reads “Yamaha MX49/MX61-1” for the Left and “Yamaha MX49/MX61-2” for the Right.

Furthermore, when I create and record a pattern using a VST Instrument (i.e. Halion Sonic SE) I do NOT have the same issue. I can export my VST Instrument track to audio with no problem.

I don t know if these extra tidbits will help, but…

A typical midi track will be set up as “all midi inputs” for the input routing and “YamahaMX (Yamaha MX49/MX61-1)” for the output routing.

Under Midi Device Manager, the installed devices reads “Yamaha MX”

Under “Device Setup - MIDI Port Setup”, the I/O out reads “windows midi” for device, the I/O reads “out”, it reads “Yamaha MX49/61-1” for Port System Name, and “Active” for State. The line under reads all the same except “Yamaha MX49/61-2” under Port System Name. The remaining port systems listed (-3,-4,-5) read as “inactive”.

Duplicate

They link above is dead - does anyone know what the solution was?

Possibly enabling “Realtime Export” in the Audio Mixdown Dialog.