No sound from group channel

Hi, first I used Cubase since vst 5… I know routing channel. The same project sounds perfectly with cubase 4.5.
I have one group channel without sound.
I play guitar - Input channel works (I see meter) - Track channel works (I see meter) - Group channel works ??? Yes works (I see meter), but output channel doesn’t work… If I change Track channel output from group to main out I listen to the music… Everything is perfect. If I add a twin group channel it works but not the problem one…
In my opinion is a import problem from an old cubase.

Same problem with a FX track from a old project.
I can manage but is annoying, I have many many cubase 4 songs…

Aloha p,

It might be helpful to people reading this
(who might be able to help with your prob)
if you listed what gear you are using (hard and software).

{‘-’}

Here we are!

Intel core I7 - Asus p8Z77-8 V pro thunderbolt - Motu 896HD - UAD 6.4 - Home premium sp1 - 32gb ram - Superior drummer 2 + Metal Foundry - Kontakt 4 - Omnisphere - Trillian - Overloud Th2 - Play Orchestra Platinum plus - Play RA - Play Symphonic choir - CC121 - SSD vertex 2 (O.S.) + SSD vertex 3 + 3 HD 250gb 7200rpm

Ok there is a problem with send and group channel. My routing are this:

Guitar to Input 01 - Track 01 to group - Group to FX channel (with send, but main out is right)…

If FX channel is active all right. If I disable, or I remove module I ear no sound from main out…

In my opinion is a bug. Sometimes send channel take all sound from a track. If you remove module or disable or set volume to 0 (in send coloumn) you ear no sound from a track.

I create a new group and now I can use send coloumn in a right way…

I don’t know why before this work of way silenced track…

No. Same situation. I work with a project and If I set Send channel to fx channel after a few hours (I do many operation undo redo midi record insert and so on) Send Coloumn mute that track… The only way to listen to the sounds are activate send or set send to Main out.

Anyone?

I suspect the issue is porting across either
A - old settings & prefs, or
B - a project started in an earlier version.

Both these are not great ideas - when running up C7 for the first time it is much, much better if you let it build new prefs & not port across from previous versions. Best way to do this is to physically move - or temporarily rename - your C6.x prefs, delete the C7 prefs, run up C7 & start afresh - then you can put the C6 prefs back.

I have also had several problems when jumping versions on an unfinished project. Much, much better to complete old projects in older version…

Thanks…

Today same thing with a new cubase 7 project. But without group or fx channel only 1 mono track with Overloud TH2 and superior Drummet. Audio file does’t sound. No sounds from main output. Impossible to works. Same plug works perfectly on cubase 4.5.2…

I added a new track and put on it the same file and main output works right…

Very disappointed…

EDIT: INCREDIBLE, I save, close. Open no sounds. I add track, put the audiofile in new track it sounds. I save. I close Cubase. I open Cubase, I load project. NO SOUNDS!!! I add track put the audiofile in new track it sounds. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Impossible to work… My plugin are all original… I need to burn and use only steinberg ones?

you could try deleting your VST Connections and make a new one for you inputs and outputs.

Steinberg could try to resolve this. Cubase 4 and 6.5 works fine… It is impossible to work like this. If steinberg wants no 3rd party plug in must be write in specific or to list what works and what don’t work:

“Cubase 7 allow only steinberg vst”

why don’t you post one of your cubase arrangements to see if this happens on other system, might be best to use one with little audio data.

Ive been writing about this earlier. After alot of try and error I found that if i create a new project, put TH2 on mono in and send it to a audio track to record it works great… until i save and reopen the project again. Theres no sound… I reload the th2 on the input channel and it sounds again… Odd…

I have a clean istall on both win7 and cubase7 and no 6.5 so no old pref or anything…

Other guitar plugins works as they should so i guess the porblem is with th2 or am i wrong?

It was a TH2 problem. SOLVED!

But I have same situation with some other plug and device. To much complicated to explain.

Kontakt 4 - Fantom - Integra stop playing sounds suddenly and randomly.

With Fantom I had to change patch and all ok
Kontakt 4 I had to reload instrument
Integra I had to turn off for a very long time…

I’m going crazy