No sound in my headphones (Mac/Cubase Pro 9.5)

Hi. I’m using Cubase 9.5 Pro on a MacBook Pro 2018. Suddenly I don’t get any sound in my headset when its connected to the minijack input on the computer. I get sound in the headset if I play music from other sources like Itunes but when I start the Cubase project, the sound comes out of the computer speakers at full volume! I don’t understand what’s going on. It has worked fine every time until now… I’ve seen that some PC users have had the same problem, but I haven’t found anything about any Mac-users experiencing the same and I don’t find any solution… Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Same exact problem for me, and all of a sudden too. It was working fine before.

So, what are the solutions? Did Steinberg paid attention to this problem? It’s really annoying when I can’t work using headphones with WL 9.5 on MacBook!

Same issue popped up here! :frowning: Terribly annoying as it used to work just fine. I tried the workaround proposed in another post by creating an aggregate device but to no success. Steinberg please notice us.

Same problem… It was working fine until a few days ago. It happened when I unplugged the headphones from the macbook pro to connect an AUX 1/8" cable (so that I can play the mix through my home stereo system) and the sound started to come out of the macbook speakers only. So I plugged the headphones back thinking the AUX cable was the problem but nope… I was never able to make it work again afterwards. The headphone will only work when I hook up the laptop back to my 18i20 card, which is extremely inconvenient because I’m at a stage where I’d like to validate (and do minor tweaks on the fly) my near-final mixes using other references (like my home system and car) than my studio monitors.

Steinberg, what’s the word on this issue?

For whoever comes across the same problem, I just found this on the site… I haven’t tried it yet but it seems to be the latest re: this issue.

Aight, so I hit that link and followed the steps and it works perfectly. Just make sure your headphones or 1/8” aux cable is plugged in the headphone port when you create the aggregate. Otherwise, the system only sees the speakers.

When I opened Cubase, I just had to select the new aggregate from the cubase opening pop-up menu (while the headphones were plugged in) and voilà.

Thought I’d report back. :v: