No sound on PC using UR816C

:hot_face: I have the driver properly set. The UR816C connected in Cubase 11 per Youtube videos. Still no sound from UR816C even though it is selected as the default playback on my PC. I have the USB 3.0 cable connected to the PC (blue USB port) from the UR816C. Nothing else is connected to the UR816C except the power cord. Shouldn’t the UR816C playback thru my Bose Companion 20 speakers on my PC? The main output knob is turned to the halfway mark on the UR816C. What am I missing??

:upside_down_face: I got it. I need studio monitor speakers such as the Yamaha H8’s that attach to the main output L & R on the rear of the UR816C. Sadly that means I will also have to replace my Yeti microphone with a real microphone that can plug into the front of the UR816C. Welcome to the world of professional sound. It is what it is.

You should be able to connect the Bose speakers to the UR and use it for all your PC sound.

Thanks for the reply. The UR816C doesn’t have any small audio connectors just the large ones. I could use the adapter to convert the small male ends to the large male ends, but the Bose Companion 20 has the left speaker slaved to the right speaker (the right speaker has a port “to left speaker”). I presume I have to use it as slaved. I’ll try the speakers leaving the “to left speaker” unused and see if the left speaker works.

Thanks for the reply. The UR816C doesn’t have any small audio connectors just the large ones. I could use the adapter to convert the small male ends to the large male ends, but the Bose Companion 20 has the left speaker slaved to the right speaker (the right speaker has a port “to left speaker”). I presume I have to use it as slaved. I’ll try the speakers leaving the “to left speaker” unused and see if the left speaker works.

No I can’t as the left speaker has a hard wired (non-removable) speaker cable coming from it.

Sure you can! You just need something like this to connect the outputs of the UR to the input of the Bose speakers …

Hosa HMP-006Y Pro Stereo Breakout Cable - 3.5mm TRS Male to Dual 1/4-inch TS Male - 6 foot | Sweetwater

Or just use the headphones output on the UR816C to connect your computer speakers.