No sound on playback

Thank you, we are so glad to hear that.

Hello, I have the very same issue with Dorico 3.5, cannot hear playback and have the error “cannot locate impulse…” message. I uninstalled and reinstalled both Dorico and the Sound Instruments installer multiple times with no luck. What can I do next? Many thanks for the help!

Here is my diagnostic file, should it help. Thank you!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (255 KB)

From what it appears, you don’t have any sound content installed, i.e. the necessary sound files and presets for HALion Sonic. Have you downloaded and installed the Sound Installer package?

Hello, many thanks for your response- yes, I have downloaded and installed several times the sound installer package, and in your Steinberg Library manager application everything seems to be in place. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled dorico several times for no change.

Also for this to happen I had to manually move the vst files in the Sound Installer to their place as the installer didn’t do it automatically- I am on macOs. It would be great to see what I could do as no playback at all is very frustrating!

In that case, go to Edit > Preferences and choose the VST-Plug-ins tab and scroll down. Push the Reset Audio Engine Data button and restart Dorico. Is it then any better? Please post another diagnostics report if it is not.

Ulf, I’m having this exact same problem. Any change I could get the missing files as well?

Hi eedubya,
what exact same problem do you have? You are missing the 2 impulse response files?
Please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and send the corresponding zip to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’. Thanks